“Terrible Service, Won't be going back in a hurry!”
Review of milsoms

milsoms
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Please note that we do not reply to reviews posted here. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss your meal. At milsoms, guests enjoy 'global' cuisine, with our chefs taking influences from all over the world, as well as daily specials that take full advantage of the local, seasonal produce available throughout the year.Guests can dine inside in the two-tiered restaurant or outside on the terrace. Covered with a gigantic 'sail' with super efficient heaters, the terrace is very much an extension to the dining area. With the added dimension of the stunning gardens, outside dining at milsoms is a reality for most of the year. And, of course, the younger members of the team aren't left out at milsoms - a specially designed kids menu is available all day as
Woodbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service, Won't be going back in a hurry!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Terrible Service -
Greeted by a rather grumpy, rude lady behind the front desk!
Who didn't know we had a table booked.
The waiter we had for the evening was unaware we had already pre-ordered our meals!
When the meals were served half of the orders were wrong.

Not a good first impression. Unfortunately not somewhere I'd go back to again which is a shame as the food was really lovely and the decor is beautiful too!

Very much lacking in customer care/service and organisation.
Disappointing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Milsoms on many many occasions and it's always been pretty good but today I left feeling disappointed. As always the venue was lovely and this crop of staff were particularly friendly. The food however...Ok I had the fillet steak it was cooked to perfection, medium rare, but the quality of the steak was nowhere near the £29 price tag is had 2 horrible gristly lines running through it. My friend had the cod which he hardly touched and just politely said he was full but then confessed afterwards the fish wasn't so good. Never had cause for any issue here in many visits and again the sides were perfect, just our mains killed it for me. Upon leaving we were followed out to the car park to ask why we had not paid (embarrassing) We had of course left the money in the folder the bill had arrived in...just was a bad visit overall to a normally lovely place shame!!!

2 Thank bennypace1979
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great - casual dining.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I like Milsoms - not least it is on my doorstep. We go there often and the food is always great and reasonably priced. It has a great atmosphere and, because we are regular I guess, they always give us exceptional service with a smile. The chef (Sarah) has been there for years and she really makes her mark with simple cooking - which is very well presented in good portion sizes.
My only gripe is they do not change the menu often enough.

Visited November 2013
“Evening meal”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my brother. Lovely venue
Staff were very helpful.
Food was good a good range of food in the menu ive work in many restaurants in London and the quality show last night
Was as good as some of the higher rated restaurants.

1 Thank egonroney
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Always a delight!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Love the informal , lively atmosphere. Not having to book means it's good for the spur of the moment night out. Great service and fantastic food. My partner needs gluten free food and there is a wide selection which is more than just omitting something from a dish.

• Visited November 2013