“Worth every penny”

Le Talbooth
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS POSTED. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPSONSE. Established 60 years ago, Le Talbooth has grown from a quiet tearoom into the award winning restaurant it is today.Fine dining at its best, in an enviable location beside The River Stour. Le Talbooth suits every occasion from intimate dinner for two to family celebrations or business functions.The 15th century building has three individual dining rooms. The River Room restaurant unfurls onto the impressive open air dining space which is covered by a striking architectural sail. This makes dining outside possible whatever the weather. The old Room, a smaller intimate room with inglenook fireplaces and rich decor and The Waevers Room on the first floor are ideal for private dining parties. Whichever you choose, Le Talbooth will ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Great Totham, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What an experience. The menus was excellent as was the wine, but what made the experience was the passion that the staff had for every aspect of the service that they offered, from their welcome to their exceptional knowledge of the food and drink. The atmosphere was perfect, just the right balance between making you feel like you've treated yourself and not so stuffy that you can't enjoy yourself and relax. Fantastic evening...made all the more special due to the staff.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MuckerG

Epping, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant we have ever been to.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Today my wife an I decided to take a trip out and have lunch. We decided on the Talbooth as we have been several times before. On every occasion you think it can never be as good as our previous visit, but I could not be more wrong as they always up their game. Both our first courses were absolutely superb. My wife then followed with a wonderful fish main course and I had the most tasty rare rib of Dedham vale beef I have ever had. As you stroked it with knife it just melted. I believe I have just died and gone to heaven and well was worth the 100 mile round trip to experience this. All I can say to anybody reading this, that has yet to try this dining experience you really do not know what you are missing.

• Visited December 2013
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Out of this world”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Well words can't sum up how wonderful this restaurant is. The setting is superb in a lovely beamed building which screams out class and elegance.
The staff are knowledgeable of the menu and wine and are attentive without being annoying. The food was mouth watering and delicious. Both myself and my husband thought it was the best we have ever had and we have travelled to world and must say it would be hard to beat. Our waitress who I am sorry not to have got her name was so helpful and helped to make this a memorable night. Hope to go back here soon.

Visited November 2013
Blazeboyo
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a blip with the Talbooth in the summer. Went back there yesterday for lunch. Truly memorable. Food was exceptional. Our waitress was a little gem.
Can't wait to go back again.
Thanks to Ian.

• Visited November 2013
Clacton on sea
“Wife's Birthday”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been to the restaurant on several previous occasions and always have had very good reception.
Had book a table for 2 to celebrate my Wife's birthday.
The staff were excellent the food was excelllent the restaurant was very relaxing and attentive.
I had mentioned it was for a birthday when I booked the table, so the finishing touch was when the sweet was brought to the table see the photo.

Definitely recommend .

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pauljmarsh

Been to Le Talbooth? Share your experiences!