“Wonderful Lunch”
Review of Le Talbooth

Le Talbooth
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: French, British, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: WE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS POSTED. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPSONSE. Established 60 years ago, Le Talbooth has grown from a quiet tearoom into the award winning restaurant it is today.Fine dining at its best, in an enviable location beside The River Stour. Le Talbooth suits every occasion from intimate dinner for two to family celebrations or business functions.The 15th century building has three individual dining rooms. The River Room restaurant unfurls onto the impressive open air dining space which is covered by a striking architectural sail. This makes dining outside possible whatever the weather. The old Room, a smaller intimate room with inglenook fireplaces and rich decor and The Waevers Room on the first floor are ideal for private dining parties. Whichever you choose, Le Talbooth will ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Blazeboyo
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a blip with the Talbooth in the summer. Went back there yesterday for lunch. Truly memorable. Food was exceptional. Our waitress was a little gem.
Can't wait to go back again.
Thanks to Ian.

Clacton on sea
“Wife's Birthday”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been to the restaurant on several previous occasions and always have had very good reception.
Had book a table for 2 to celebrate my Wife's birthday.
The staff were excellent the food was excelllent the restaurant was very relaxing and attentive.
I had mentioned it was for a birthday when I booked the table, so the finishing touch was when the sweet was brought to the table see the photo.

Definitely recommend .

1 Thank Pauljmarsh
Essex, UK
“A Beautiful 'Occasion' Restaurant.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife took me to this venue for a 'significant birthday' lunch. I had become aware of this venue back in the sixties in another life, but never dined there. I was not disappointed.
The welcome at reception was notable and highly professional and the high quality of the staff remained constant throughout our visit. Our waitress in particular, was delightful and it was a pleasure to be served by her.
In starting off with an aperitif, my wife was served 'UK5' vodka which I have been tasked with sourcing (without success) ever since, as she found it so tasty. Some helpful advice by the staff enabled us to enjoy a lovely petite Chablis with the meal.
The menu theme appears to one of fusion with the dishes requiring the various elements to brought together to maximise the flavours. It's not entirely my idea of the perfect meal, but there was no doubting the quality. It enabled me to sample partridge for the first time (as a starter) for example, without being faced with a plateful of the unknown.
Our main courses of did not disappoint and my wife enjoyed a high quality steak which is her favourite on such occasions. My sole was again, unconventionally presented with a salmon mousse filling to a 'roll' of sole.
Desserts did not disappoint and the view of the immaculate grounds from our window enhanced the occasion. It will surely be a special place to visit in the better weather.

Helston
“Wonderful lunch”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

To celebrate an 80th birthday we took our mother to this wonderful restaurant. The food was excellent with plenty of choices and beautifully presented. The staff were attentive. Without doubt one of the best meals that I have eaten.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“New Chef - and excellent standards”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have known the owners of Le Talbooth for about 40 years - since I was a 15 year old. My late father used to do quite a bit of business with the late owner of the restaurant.
It was a little bit up and down in quality and service until about three years ago. Since then its been more up than down - and since the arrival of a new chef earlier this year - its on the up and keeps going up. My wife and I are regular's at LT and the whole team make a genuine fuss of us and make us feel very welcome customers. Needless to say the service from our perspective is terrific.
We eat there quite often and the best value for money is the Sunday lunch. At £34 each for three excellent course - its terrific value. The roast beef is truly historic. I broke with tradition last week and had the lamb - which was perfecta !
Last week we had dinner and again the meal was great. Good sized portions - tasty and (unlike the previous chef) you leave feeling well fed. The squid appetiser is near on perfect and the pork main course delicious.
I am not a wine expert and when I recently ask the sommelier for a recommendation he chose a bottle at £45 - which was perfect. (On a wine list stretching as high as £600 a bottle - he could have easily "sold" something more expensive.) An 3 course evening meal with booze will set you back about £250 for two.
This place is not Michelin starred and I don't think they bother to go for it. Frankly when you are this good - and its full most of the time; what more do you have to prove?
The summer months are when we eat there the most. It has a perfect setting by the river.
We have booked Xmas day and we look forward to it.

1 Thank Clive D