“Food was delicious, atmosphere was great”
Review of Le Talbooth

Le Talbooth
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS POSTED. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPSONSE. Established 60 years ago, Le Talbooth has grown from a quiet tearoom into the award winning restaurant it is today.Fine dining at its best, in an enviable location beside The River Stour. Le Talbooth suits every occasion from intimate dinner for two to family celebrations or business functions.The 15th century building has three individual dining rooms. The River Room restaurant unfurls onto the impressive open air dining space which is covered by a striking architectural sail. This makes dining outside possible whatever the weather. The old Room, a smaller intimate room with inglenook fireplaces and rich decor and The Waevers Room on the first floor are ideal for private dining parties. Whichever you choose, Le Talbooth will ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Attended Le Talbooth in the marquee for our may ball. Atmosphere was great, could have done with some background music during dinner. Service was fast, band was good. Never enough vegetables with main course, always have to ask for more! Starter & desert were amazing though.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Le Talbooth is a wonderful eating experience, lovely setting, lovely building, great staff, fantastic service, and best of all the food. if you want to have a romantic dinner for two this will cater for you,its very impressive and you will not be disappointed, great wine list, and food menu catering for all taste's
we will be visiting again shortly during the day for lunch as you can sit outside on the river bank in the pleasant surrounding's country side of Dedham

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed celebration our wedding anniversary today at Le Talbooth. I am a big fan of game to start I had rabbit and then muntjac. The food was excellent. I am gluten free, and was more than disappointed by the three slices of white GF bread, my husband had lovely herb rolls. Even the supermarket has a better selection of GF bread. My husband asked for cream with his coffee, but was served milk with no explanation. For these two reasons I've marked the score Very Good rather than excellent. The setting is perfect, the building is perfect, the taste of the chefs cooked food and menu choices are excellent. The desserts looked delicious for any none gluten free diner, I had the same old panna cotta that I have in most restaurants. I was hoping there would be a chocolate option, but sadly no, there was biscuit mixed in. I didn't have a glass of wine because there was no Organic option, even Braun a cafe type restaurant in London has Organic wine, it's a bit behind the times not to offer that option these days. We saw the wedding marquee, and thought this would be a perfect location. I did read a review about parking on a Sunday, I've noticed anyone that dines anywhere on a Sunday often have less than favourable reviews so if you are reading through take that into account, because on a Tuesday lunch time , it's a very pleasant experience. We sat outside and it was warm because the heaters were on, I wasn't wearing a jacket.

2  Thank faerie
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant provided the perfect venue for a special birthday celebration. The service was attentive but not rushed and we were pleased that there was enough time between courses to digest food and chat. The chateaubriand was perfectly cooked and of a high quality, and went down very nicely with a very reasonably priced red wine (carmenere - £22). The bannoffi soufflé was excellent.

1  Thank Eileen L
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Yes this is the place to spend a special evening. Lovely atmosphere and you are well looked after. Foods is really good but I have to say I find the menu choice limiting.