All reviews mini bar deluxe room hake complimentary soft drinks le talbooth duck tacos shower over the bath sister hotel bottle of prosecco course dinner the room was nice lounge area lovely surroundings lovely hotel constable country special occasion kesgrave hall
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Stopped for dinner mid journey from Norfolk to Gatwick, three adults and two well behaved children.
Ordered drinks and asked for a table, member of staff waved in the general direction of the upper dining level and didn't offer to show us to a table.
Ordering is done either at the bar or write your own and hand it in ! My friend asked a waitress to take our order and was told no !
Wrote our order down and handed it in, all this time other diners were arriving and taking tables. Our starters arrived eventually but not before other diners who arrived 20 minutes after us were already eating. The food was good I must say, 1 rump steak, 1 sirloin, 2 fillets and a spag bol.
That's were the praise ends however, no member of staff enquired how our food was, not once, even when they cleared the plates it was in silence, we ordered bread to start, we never saw it even though we asked twice, the third time we managed to catch the eye of a waitress we were simply told she would take it off the bill !
The sauces that came with the steak were either lukewarm or cold but the rest of the food was hot even if the plates weren't.
We asked for English mustard when we (again) eventually managed to engage a member of staff, it never arrived !!
After settling the bill we left, passing the staff at the bar who were chatting to each other and made no attempt to say thank you, we managed to get a muted goodbye when we bid them goodbye in a theatrical manner.
All in all we felt unwelcome the whole time we were there and not at all the service you would expect for a £200 plus evening meal for only five people with drinks limited to three pints of lager a couple of cokes and 2 G&T's
We could not believe the attitude of the staff, had they all received bad news when they arrived for work that day ? It seemed so to us !

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We hired Mr G’s for my husbands 60th and from the start to the end was a very lovely evening. Chef and Ashley did a grand job to look after everyone. The food was exceptional and plentiful. The food was hot and the whole experience was so good. The evening was a total success. Thank you to Gemma for sorting everything out for us and would definitely recommend Milsoms for any big event.
Well Done x

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

My mother and I enjoy dining out, enjoying a glass of wine together amongst a welcoming, buzzy atmosphere. Milsoms ticked every box. It was a special occasion as I was leaving for America on student exchange. We’d been checking the weather all week as we were looking forward to sitting in the terraced garden amongst the beautiful gardens. The interior inside was chic and clean so would’ve happily sat indoors to. I ordered a pink gin cocktail to start off with, for not a big gin lover, the cocktail was infused with flavour which I loved as it masked the gin taste. We had a struggle choosing what to order as there was a large variety of dishes that were tingling our tastebuds. To start we shared the home made hummus and taramasalata with warm pita bread and the crispy beef with watermelon. We were so impressed with our choices and can’t wait to return and try more of the dishes. The choice of flavours with the crispy beef were perfect... hats off to the chef! The taramasalata dip tasted like a million dollars compared to one you would buy in the supermarket. For main my Mum enjoyed the hake and I had the lamb shank which was the perfect cut. Eager to try desert, without a doubt we chose the cherry bakewell cheesecake. I love the bakewell flavours and cheesecake so it was an ideal combination for me. Of course, Milsoms did it again it was baked to perfection! With the company, surroundings, occasion and dining experience this has to be up there with one of my favourite meals. I would recommend Milsoms to anyone on any occasion. I will definitely be visiting again when I return from the US and can’t wait to taste even more faultless dishes.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2018

One thing I like to do is know I have a reservation so I was not thrilled to be told we had a 45 minute wait. Waited 10 minutes at the bar for a drink even though there were very few people there.
The food was fine and service at the table was ok too.
There is a pad and pencil to write your own order and take to the service area.
Didn't feel like giving a tip as all they did was bring the food over

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RSVP2020
Reviewed September 12, 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights to go walking in the area. From the time of check in to the time of leaving, nothing was too much trouble. There are plenty of staff who are all very helpful. I had interaction with reception, restaurant staff, kitchen staff, Stuart the night guardian and house keeping. All were great and nothing was a problem from packed lunches to extra bits for my room. The only downside is that I was not a fan of the olive green décor and "metal looking" mirror, personal choice I know. The bathroom was lovely especially the "rain shower". A digital clock above the tv rather than a reed defuser would have been a nice touch as I kept waking up to try and find out the time. I would stay here again and would recommend it

Date of stay: September 2018