“Well worth a visit”

Tiptree Jam Museum & Tea Room
Ranked #71 of 487 things to do in Essex
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visited the museum and tea room/restuarant on our way home from holiday. We visited the museum that was well laid out and informative charting the history of the factory...very impressive! The restaurant food and service was excellent. My wife and I chose the cumberland sausage and onion chutney mash which was excellent and very filling aftewhich we visited the well stocked shop to fill up with jam goodies to take home for family and freinds. All in all well worthy of a visit.

2  Thank Fewy01
in 7 reviews
"my mum"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have bought Tiptree jams and Marmalades for more years than I can remember. Last Monday I found myself driving through Tiptree past the Jam factory and noticed that they had a Tea room so I couldn't resist popping in.

Every single member of staff that I came into contact with seemed to be happy and tried so hard to please. Delightful tea room, great service and good food. The shop had, as you would expect, a comprehensive stock of all of their produce but many other goodies too.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank fotowizz
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Arrived 1140hrs and greeted by friendly (blonde) waitress. Unfortunately, we were then served by one of her colleagues (elderly brunette) whose sense of humour transplant had failed miserably. We ordered breakfast (well aware that it was served until 1200hrs) at which point she looked pointedly at her watch and sighed deeply no doubt put out that customers were having the temerity to order breakfast at what was approaching lunchtime. When of our party ordered 'tomato and sausage' she queried 'you mean sausage and tomato'? The resultant meals were of variable quality, though my Welsh Rarebit (not Rarebit Welsh) was excellent.
The Museum was well worth the visit and the shop offered a good variety of items at reasonable prices. However, the whole experience was, for me, ruined by this one individual. Maybe she was having a bad shift, but a person of her years should know better than to take it out on the customer.

6  Thank Invigilator1
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What's happening! once the best place for lunch has now got so bad will not be going back. Unfriendly staff. Quality of food gone down hill along with potion size and what you. Actually get for your money. Such a crying shame but unable to recommend now

5  Thank Chris B