“Great Sunday Lunch!”

The Wellington Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Seaford B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were staying in Eastbourne but meeting family in Seaford, it was getting late for lunch, past 1.30
and we tried The Wellington not really expecting that they would fit us in. They not only found room to seat 6 of us and a baby, they produced a Sunday lunch as stunning as any my mother would have made , roast pork, stuffing, roasties , creamed leeks, even yorkshire pud! Service was very helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed ourselves.Seaford is a really nice place with an amazing long beach and easy and free parking. Even on one of the first hot and sunny days for weeks, it wasn't that crowded.Do visit, and if it's a Sunday, well you now know where you can get a great lunch!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay995
There are newer reviews for The Wellington Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were staying with family near Brighton and wanted somewhere which was good value yet comfortable.This was great and we had no complaints. Great staff, great bar, great room, great value,great food, great breakfast.........GREAT

Room Tip: Only a few rooms...Just enjoy!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank potchgooo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We chose to bed and breakfast here to be well placed for the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry the following day.

The Wellington is conveniently placed between the town and seafront. It is a pleasant pub with a great range of beers. Our room was first class - spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast the following morning copious and freshly prepared.

Forget France and stay here ! .. excellent value and warmly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I really cannot speak highly enough about The Wellington Hotel - the quality of the food - the service - the atmosphere - the setting - perfect few days - Thank you so much !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GAVIN F
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed there only one Saturday night in March but was very impressed.
All the staff we met were efficient and friendly, the rooms were clean and well furnished.. Bathroom small but spotlessly clean and functional.
The cooked breakfast was outstanding, freshly ground coffee and the full works all made to order.
absolutely nothing to criticize, only compliments!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KT50
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I are just back from a weekend stay at the Wellington, which we can very much recommend. The staff were very friendly, holding our room in midweek when we were afraid that illness would mean that we would have had to cancel and giving us a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine when they found out it was our 10th wedding anniversary (Seaford is where I proposed).

The room was newly furnished, clean and comfy and we weren't bothered by noise from the pub. Only disappointment was that the ensuite was a shower rather than a bath. We could even see the sea from the window.

Breakfast was excellent full English, and we ate one evening in the restaurant which was similarly good regular pub fare.

We hope to be back for subsequent anniversaries!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Woffle99
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have just concluded my second visit to the Wellington Hotel and cannot praise it more highly! The hotel was recommended to me by a friend who frequents it’s restaurant and bar, which are well worth a visit too! Eleven real ales are quite unheard of for one bar- also with such a selection of wines and spirits etc! They’ve also just undergone a major refurbishment, making it a charming place to visit for an evening meal! My wife and I especially loved the open fires- a lovely touch in this chilly weather!
I received a warm welcome on my first visit by the young lady at the bar, who kindly gave me a tour of the hotel and talked me through the menu too! The manager was very personable and the staff seemed happy to be there, which made for a lovely atmosphere. My room was quite large, cosy and all very new and spotless! When I called to book for my second, most recent visit, the lady on the phone remembered me and asked if I would like the same room again, which was lovely.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant, which had a lovely fire and Australian pictures and items displayed on the walls, portending to the owner’s heritage. There was a choice of continental and a variety of cooked items on the breakfast menu, including a full-English, all served by more welcoming staff! My wife and I opted for the full-English again and were not disappointed! Such generous portions and all cooked wonderfully! Coffee was freshly-ground too which, again, was a welcome touch!
All-in-all a delightful stay and a highly-recommended coastal retreat!

Room Tip: All very charming(we were offered a tour!) We stayed in 101. 102 lovely but slightly smaller, 103 is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
The Avondale
#9 of 40 in Eastbourne
Chalk Farm Hotel
Chalk Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Willingdon

Been to The Wellington Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!