“Bring back the old regime”
Review of Golden Galleon - CLOSED

Golden Galleon
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Used to be a really good place until the new establishment took over - since then the service has deteriorated.

1  Thank Mike W

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I took my 9 year old daughter here for a special meal before going to a concert and wish I hadn't. The only good things were the views! I had pre-booked but on arrival the waitress said she hadnt actually put it on the system - good start! The food was mediocre / poor and the service was TERRIBLE! Is no one managing or training the staff? We were shown to our table and then waited 10 minutes without even a menu - I had to go and ask for one. Then they brought 2 normal menus and no children's menu - again I had to ask and then they didnt give any coloured pencils for my daughteer to use for the colouring parts - again i had to ask and they never materialised! My bottle of mineral water was brought to the table and left with the lid on - I had to go and ask they to take it off with a bottle opener. The staff were more interested in chatting to themselves or people they knew in the pub. The bill - instead of showing the advertised price for the children's meal itemised the items which worked out as more expensive - so I did the sums and deducted it from the bill. Very disappointed with what I thought would be a lovely treat for us both.

Dont be fooled by the great location, it's really not worth it. I hope they read this and realise that good customer service is paramount! Wish I had looked on TA before I went and I would have been spared :(

5  Thank anne_buchanan
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This pub is a tourist trap, so on a nice day it is rammed. The service is painfully slow. They don't have chefs, just fryer operatives. I would prefer an out of code sandwich from Tesco. Treat yourself by never going here.

4  Thank Punter_Paul
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have eaten here on several occasions, but the food is a bit hit and miss. When it's good, it's very good value, but there are times when it doesn't hit the mark. Last Sunday was one of those occasions. I had roast turkey and my father in law had roast beef. The vegetables were not hot and the beef was so tough it was difficult to cut, let alone eat. A soon as this was pointed out, the waitress spoke to the manager and he took both meals off the bill. I was pleased with the immediate response, and could not fault the service, but the food situation needs to be addressed. Having said that, the starters and deserts were very good,there is a varied menu, and the prices are good. They have a nice restaurant in a beautiful location, but we won't keep going back if things don't improve.

1  Thank bobby195
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Don't try the seafood cobb salad as you only get 2 tablespoons of sprouts and the rest is deep fried or smoked fish. Horrid dinner. On the other hand, we stopped in for a pint and a snack and the fries were great and so was the herbed oil and flatbreads snack.

1  Thank cossco2012