“Global love of the Globe Inn.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Globe Inn Marsh

Globe Inn Marsh
Ranked #22 of 105 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Global love of the Globe Inn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

We all fell in love with the truly unique interior of this wonderful pub. The food was great and we throuougly recommend visiting this great place. We were out with friends who live locally and instead of eating at the Chapel Down restaurant we decided to go to the Globe Inn. I'm so glad our hosts decided to take us there after a lovely bottle of bubbly at Chapel Down, we were all ravenous by the time we arrived sat down immediately having been welcomed by the lovely efficient staff. I was intrigued by the amazing interior, everywhere you look there's something that catches your eye. We ordered a couple of starters to share and we're all helped with starter cutlery. The Scotch egg was a work of genius!! And the pulled pork, delicious. We shared a lovely bottle of white wine and our mains arrived soon after. The food and the whole experience was superb, great staff who looked after us brilliantly.

Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Globe in a mess”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Well this is our fifth visit and you may be wondering why we keep returning only to be disappointed yet again. Being the eternal optimist, I hoped that the management would get a grip on what is potentially a very pleasant restaurant but once more the service ls

appalling. The staff are pleasant enough but have no direction.
We arrive and order drinks and are given menus. After half an hour, our food order is taken when one of the party asks if he could have the beer he ordered half an hour ago. We asked for some olives while we waited for our food. In the restaurant for an hour and the olives finally arrive. A couple of minutes later our main course arrives! We protest and are asked how long to take it away for. Ten minutes is suggested. The food is returned to the kitchen while we consume our first order. Twenty minutes later we are asked if we would like our mains which are now past their ideal freshness.
The annoying thing is that we sit looking at staff who clearly are under employed yet are incapable of giving diners any sort of joined-up service. We questioned this comedy of errors and have been told that a new system is in the offing. Rather than a new system I think it desperately needs a new manager who can get a grip on what is potentially a great place to eat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Good Food & Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

I went for my first visit since this place changed hands. It is lovely inside with a good choice of food and drink. I went for a late lunch and was amazed at how busy it was.
The staff were friendly and not too imposing. My only criticism is that I would have preferred them to be a little more attentive but then they may have been busier that they were expecting.
The food was great. I shared a great starter of chilli prawns and they were so yummy that my guest and I were "fighting" for them. For my main I had fish of the day and it was so lovely I was really impressed as I usually dislike hake. My guest had the lamb pie and really enjoyed it although they would have preferred more meat inside it than the volume of potatoes.
We shared a dish of delicious ice-cream. (We opted not to have the crumble as the people on the next table complained about theirs.)
I will definitely go back and hopefully I will have lovely food again.

2 Thank AJD751
York, United Kingdom
“Good evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had some food and drinks there on a Saturday night. The pub looks really good and even though the choice of beers is not massive, we had a great time. We tried the pizza and the lamb burger and that was lovely. Staff were really friendly too.

1 Thank Miss4455
“Overpriced and Inedible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

On Sunday we visited the quaint looking local Pub which looked different from anywhere we know only to find.. Terrible service, Long waits for each course, (over an hour) then the food needed to be returned as burnt on the bottom, staff on phones, Not able to book tables you just need to risk it (annoying if you travel to get there), And hugely overpriced menu, all in all somewhere to never go back to..

• 2 of 5 bubbles