“If only it were bigger...”
Review of Edith's House - CLOSED

Edith's House
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Hello and welcome to Edith's House! Sit back, relax and enjoy your food and drink in the familiar and nostalgic setting of your Nanna's house.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I so wanted to take friends here this weekend but dammit if they haven't gone and got all popular and I couldn't get a seat when I wanted it! Finally got in on bank holiday Monday and had a gorgeous scone (which are fast becoming their trademark treat) and a cuddle with Roux. Still love it, would happily go nowhere else but here when I need coffee and a cake in Rye, but it's almost too cute and cosy for it's own good ;-)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

There was a good range of lunchtime food - soups, quiche, salad and open sandwiches (smoked salmon was excellent). Very high quality coffee. Small but perfect

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The concept of the place is amazing. You feel as you are thrown in the past. The homemade cakes are delicious. I strictly recommend it

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had the soup Not just a soup but a super style soup! Great atmosphere, loved the guys and wit. But the very best has to be the beautiful queen of the pantry Roo! If you want to know who is Roo then you'll need to visit, not my best kept secret as I keep telling All my friends he he!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Edith's house is the sort of place you don't come across very often. As you open the front door you are welcomed in by dazzling smiles (which rarely happens in this country) and witty repertoire. Their coffee is some of the best coffee I have ever tasted and if you try the decadent chocolate Guinness cake you will not be disappointed. It is like eating velvet. The resident French bulldog has restored my daughters faith in dogs and is an asset to the place. This place is a must for any visitor to Rye and my only complaint is that it shuts two days a week.

1  Thank Amos99