“Amazing in every way”
Review of The Rye Retreat

The Rye Retreat
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Rye
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rye Retreat is the premier location to fully experience the Aveda brand in its entirety, from complimentary rituals to the personal touch you receive from our stylists and therapists. We are home to a beautiful hairdressing salon where London trained stylists customise cuts and colours and a tranquil beauty salon offering both traditional and alternative therapies. Let us take you on a sensory journey at the Rye Retreat Lifestyle Salon & Treatment rooms
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is the first time I have posted a review on Trip Advisor but I have just had such a lovely experience. I walked in off the street and booked a 1 hour facial and massage which was on special offer at the time for £30. The lady at the desk was very accommodating and even suggested a pub for lunch (Ypres Castle Inn which was also great) and managed to book me an appointment immediately. My therapist was lovely, Melissa, and my treatment so relaxing. She was very professional, only chatting when I started up the conversation halfway thorough the treatment. I was so taken with the place that I am planning a girls weekend in Rye with a visit to the Rye Retreat. Melissa also wrote a number of recommendations of where to stay down on a card. I was only sorry I didn't have time to stay to chill out for a bit in the relaxation area which looked blissfully serene. I really couldn't recommend this place more highly. Thank you Melissa and all the staff at the Rye Retreat.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hello, we are so pleased that your first review is for us; it's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your treatments, Melissa will be pleased. Glad you enjoyed the food at the Ypres, isn't it fantastic? It would be great to see you again, we look forward to hearing from you .

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just visited the wonderful Rye Retreat again and, as always, I had a warm welcome from the very friendly and professional reception staff(Amy is so lovely) I can honestly say all of the staff, from the juniors upwards, do their utmost to make you feel comfortable. I can thoroughly recommend Sarah, my hairdresser, who has been cutting my hair for some years. As an ex hairdresser I appreciate her expert cutting. She always listens and seems to get the result I want. My last haircut was extra fab!! Thanks Sarah. See you again soon. Pat from Peasmarsh

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much for your kind review; we always look forward to your visits and I know Sarah will be pleased to read that you love your hair! See you again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wow what a wonderful experience. Myself and two girlfriends booked in for a back massage, facial and blow dry. From the moment we first spoke to the receptionist we were made to feel welcome. The staff were brilliant and couldnt do enough to help us have a wonderful time. Everything was relaxed and well organised.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Rye Retreat to friends and I cant wait to go back to spend my voucher!

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Hi, I am so pleased you all enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon to spend your voucher!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The only hairdressers i go to, you are made to feel so special and individual from the moment you step inside, the service is always warm friendly and exceptional.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hi Fiona,

Thanks so much for that lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been going to the rye retreat for number of years, The atmosphere is like no other salon; Relaxing, welcoming, Friendly and above all else professional - The products are amazing and I always walk out extremely pleased. Thoroughly recommend Katie - Always does a great job on my hair , Makes you feel at ease and ensures she understands exactly what it is you would like done . Would recommend this salon to anyone.

1  Thank Hind07

Thank you! I will make sure Katie see's that you are pleased; we always aim to make our guests feel as relaxed as possible so are pleased to see that you feel that. See you again soon.

Been to The Rye Retreat? Share your experiences!