“Great for gents”
Review of The Rye Retreat

The Rye Retreat
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Rye
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rye Retreat is the premier location to fully experience the Aveda brand in its entirety, from complimentary rituals to the personal touch you receive from our stylists and therapists. We are home to a beautiful hairdressing salon where London trained stylists customise cuts and colours and a tranquil beauty salon offering both traditional and alternative therapies. Let us take you on a sensory journey at the Rye Retreat Lifestyle Salon & Treatment rooms
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Today I had the pleasure of having a hair cut, de-stress and wet shave at the Rye Retreat. In short, it was a brilliant experience; relaxing, invigorating, rejuvenating.

The products used were top quality, the atmosphere calm and the shave masterfully undertaken.

Try it.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanks Andy, so pleased that you enjoyed your visit, look forward to seeing you again soon!

All reviews
"complimentary drinks"
"shown downstairs"
"wedding hair"
in 2 reviews
"head and shoulder massage"
"my mum"
in 4 reviews
"top quality"
in 3 reviews
"nothing is too much trouble"
"keep up the good work"
"tea and coffee"

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Virtually my whole family use the Rye Retreat and have always been pleased with the service. For me, just clippered and a wash all for£10 but my wife has more expensive tastes! Can't fault it really.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thankyou! We always hope there is something for everyone and are pleased that you think so too! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, see you in the new year!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My sister and I walked in off the street by chance on Saturday morning, we were warmly welcomed and even though it looked busy they fitted us in then and there. We only requested a cut and blow dry but were given a head and neck massage followed by lovely shampoo and then a hand massage to boot. The stylists were friendly and offered advice (Rhiannan and Vicky). We will definitely come back even though we live in London and Essex.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hi Amanda. It was lovely to meet you and your sister on Saturday; and your lovely dog too! So pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you both again!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked a Spa pedi and Spa mani for myself and a friend as a little treat back in August. And it was a truly lovely experience. My therapist Victoria was friendly and chatty and did a top job on my pedicure. Took so much care of painting my toes I couldn't stop looking at them afterwards. My friends manicure was equally gorgeous. If you are looking for a treat for a special occasion then look no further. As others have said it is pricey, but you get what you pay for. Had a pedicure elsewhere that was half the price and was less than half as good! Can't wait to go back. Thank you Rye retreat.

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you! I'm glad you and your friend liked your beautiful fingers and toes and that you enjoyed your pampering. Hopefully see you again, maybe for another pedicure when flip flop season is back or for something a little warmer for the winter!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2012

You really cannot fault this retreat because that is what it is. Almost like a place of refuge. The pampering might be expensive but pampered you are. From the moment enter the door and greeted but a smiling face at the reception you are feeling like someone important, and that is what they do make you feel really important. The services they offer are superb whether it be facials, nails, feet, massage you afre being attended to by professionals. A great place to go for unadulterated luxury

RyeRetreat, Manager at The Rye Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you for a lovely review, so glad you enjoyed your visit. Everyone deserves a bit of luxury and we are glad we could give you that. Hope to see you again soon!