All reviewsmermaid streetthe cafe downstairspain au chocolatsteep stepsfresh croissantslocal producebreakfast was excellentfull englishperfect locationbedroom apartmentlovely rooma great place to staycooked breakfastfour posterstayed here for one nightb and bcobbled streets
Reviewed August 24, 2016

We stayed in the family suite above the dining area. It was clean enough and suitable for a young family. Breakfast is not included with the suite, but the proprietor was very accommodating and offered to include it. Two small children aren't going to eat that much anyway! Their homemade croissants and pain au chocolat were to die for. Everyone was nice and welcoming. There is no parking at the hotel but we found on street parking very easily. Just as a note, Rye is not the best place for young children, unless yours will happily walk hand in hand mooching around town like an adult. Mine wanted to run around and as the town is medieval with tiny non pedestrianised streets, they were less than impressed.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2016

In July my husband and I had a short break in Rye and stayed at The Old Borough Arms on the recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed. This small hotel is situated perfectly within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Our room was clean, very well appointed and extremely comfortable and all staff we met were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is great.

In all this small hotel has a wonderful warm feeling to it and we had a great holiday. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend Old Borough Arms.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2016

I visited with my 2 daughters. We had a very comfortable family room. We were made to feel very welcome and found the service throughout our stay was excellent. Breakfast was delicious, with a wide choice. I'd definitely recommend!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper & like to have the window open, worth taking ear plugs. Traffic noise isn't excessive, but we are not used to it!
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016

I tend to overlook reviewing places that I stay in due to sheer lack of time. But I felt compelled to let people know how nice the Old Borough Arms is.

We stayed at this lovely quaint hotel for a long weekend. The staff were very friendly and really made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The weather was quite warm and humid so we asked if it was possible to have a fan in our room. This was duly provided. I believe the building itself is listed with lovely period features so anyone wanting ultra modern or "plastic" design should look elsewhere. The age and feel of the property is what makes it special. The room rate included breakfast and the Old Borough Arms cooked breakfast is probably one of the best that I have ever had! There were also cereals, yoghurts, pastries and fruit readily in supply.

The room itself was clean and comfortable with coffee and tea making facilities. The room was made up each day and miniature toiletries was also supplied. All in all we had a nice stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2016

My whole experience at Old Borough Arms Hotel was lovely. I had room 9, was lovely for a solo traveler. Clean room, clean shower, tv, tea,coffee making facilities, cupboard, dressing table, chair. Breakfast was yummy both days. Staff friendly and efficient. Look after well. I would highly recommend the veggie breakfast, was lovely. Hotel very accommodating, I arrived late on Friday, so someone waited to let me in and they let me have a late check-out on Sunday. Also, I think it was the Manager was willing to give me a lift to my car which was in the next town but luckily whilst waiting for him I managed to get a taxi. Thank you again for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Book ahead for taxis if you are attending weddings or events in neighbouring villages.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo