“great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2017

well great food as usual the only problem with this night we went was the service asked for starter and mains at same time but came out within 20 mins and mains came out within an hour .

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding in every way! Gorgeous food, perfectly cooked and such attentive service by super friendly staff �� obviously extremely popular as so busy, but even then, the service did not falter. Wish we lived nearer ��

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Great meal here.
We were a large party & they catered for us well.

Food is delicious, would recommend the chicken tikka, the byrianni, bhindi bhaji, mushroom bhaji, Bombay aloo & the mushroom rice.

Not a fan of spice, so generally keep my options simple, this Indian does flavour really well!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Visited yesterday (Thursday) with my wife arriving at about 6pm. We had not booked but did get a table. If we had been 20 minutes later we would have had to wait. It is a very popular place. The food was very good and the service efficient. I would certainly go back if I fancied a curry the next time I am in Rye. We had Poppadoms and pickles, a started and main course each with 3 side dishes and a naan. My wife had fizzy water and I had a beer. Total cost £53.

1  Thank Buzzcluck
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Going on the popular rating on Trip Advisor, we booked a table for an evening meal at the Mahdi Spice.
There is plenty of choice on the menu, including things we haven't seen before.
We started with the poppadoms and accompaniments. Lovely additions here with fresh onions and coriander. We shared a tandoori chicken starter, which was lovely.
Mains - I had Lamb Sag, the lamb was melt in the mouth, I think it could have done with a bit more spice as there was very little in it. We also had naan, aloo dobi and rice.
Service is excellent and the waiters are very attentive. We didn't have to wait long at all, possibly too quick!
I would recommend the restaurant but for my taste it just could have done with a bit more spice and heat.

Akarim2002, Manager at Mahdi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience at Mahdi Spice.

It is always a pleasure to serve great customers such as yourselves. We hope we can carry on serving our delicious food again and again, I am sorry to hear your lamb sag was not spicy enough for you, when you next time visit us, we will adjust the spices to your standard.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next meal and thank you for your kind words.

Kind Regards,