“Historic Teashop /Restaurant”
Review of Fletcher's House

Fletcher's House
Ranked #20 of 114 Restaurants in Rye
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Had a very tasty tea, good value for money and friendly attentive service
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Historic building which is the birthplace of the playwright John Fetcher and is situated by the church in Rye.

We called in for a light lunch and had an excellent crab sandwich and a very acceptable cheese and pickle sandwich. They serve local craft beer and perfectly good wine. Some of the other food looked very good as well.

The service was friendly and efficient.

Well worth a try for lunch based on our experience

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Popped in for lunch after a walk around the town. We both had the Haddock Rarebit which was very tastefully presented and very tasteful! Washed down with a refreshing pot of tea. Great service! Will have to come back another time to try the cakes.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

We stopped here for lunch and sat in the terrace garden. Staff serving were pleasant. There wasn't a lot of choice as run out of things we asked for. Two had ploughman's which they said was delicious. One had butternut squash soup again nice. My grandson had sausages and mash with onion gravy which was okay ish. Potato wasn't very hot! I ordered crab sandwiches which on the menu said made from fresh crab claws. When it arrived the crab neat was mixed with pink crab meat, soggy and no taste. I eat two quaters as I was so hungry but couldn't force anymore down me. The salad was small and kettle chips tasty stale. My daughter paid the bill but refuse to pay for my meal as hardly touched. Eventually after words with chef who came out of his kitchen the meal was taken off the bill. The chef said he had never had a complaint before re crab sandwich and they don't season the crab! If I'd known it was mixed and not white crab meat I would have never ordered it! I wouldn't personally return there.... Came home hungry!

1  Thank jhelps58
Reviewed July 27, 2017

After our two hours historic tour, my wife and I decided to have lunch at Fletcher's House. My wife enjoyed the generously filled and delicious crab sandwiches served with side salad and Kettle crisps and I had the welsh rarebit which I found a bit strong. We then had tea with lovely light scones with jam and cream. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The Tea Room was packed with tourists and locals.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I ordered quiche with salad and new potatoes. The quiche had been overheated to the extent that it had turned to scrambled egg. When I complained to the young woman who served me, I was met with complete lack of interest. I won't be going there again and would not recommend it.

1  Thank cindy o