“Birthday celebration”
Review of Fletcher's House

Fletcher's House
Ranked #19 of 113 Restaurants in Rye
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Had a very tasty tea, good value for money and friendly attentive service
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had my 60th birthday lunch here. We had the upstairs room. It was wonderful. Lee and his team provided appetisers, pimms, roast dinner (including vegan and veggie options), superb desserts and a sumptuous birthday cake. Such a great day! Really great value. I would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank Sue R

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stopped by here on a Saturday dinner time, we were seated in the very pretty garden at the back of the restaurant. I had the jacket potato with cheese and ham, the jacket potato was nice but the ham was delicious. Some of my family had one of the salads, they looked very impressive.

1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I visited Fletchers yesterday with a business colleague for a drink and meeting and decided to browse the menu as it was nearing lunchtime. I was delighted to see a Vegan option on the menu; spiced lentil and chickpea patties. There were two generous sized patties with sweet potato wedges and a nicely presented salad. Alas, the house salad dressing was not vegan according to the waitress, so I was given oil and balsamic to go with it, which was fine. It also came with a ramekin of sweet pickled shredded beetroot that went nicely with the patties. My only slight criticism is that the patties were a little dry and could have done with maybe a tomato relish or concasse and I had to ask for extra beetroot and ketchup to finish them. Otherwise they were very tasty and well seasoned. The sweet potato wedges were delicious and nice and gooey in the middle, just how I like them. Very nice, friendly attentive staff and really pleased to find something I could eat. Good coffee too. Will visit again :-)

1  Thank VeeJayO
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great place for lunch, food all fresh and lovely. I had the ham salad and had some of the nicest baked ham I've had in a long time. Just down the road from the church (do go up the tower!). Lovely garden out back as well. Prices very reasonable.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 4, 2014

call into the tea rooms on Saturday 2nd August had had the most wonderful crab sandwich served with salad and crisps, the bead was perfectly soft and the crab delicious, moist and very flavorsome.
We followed this up with the scones and cream, i was in heaven the scones were buttery and light , served with the perfect amount of clotted cream and home made strawberry jam , the tea was served in a huge pot with a top up there were 3 of us drinking it and it seemed bottomless

1  Thank Diana O