“Busiest Restaurent in rye.. Nice food, excellent service..”

The Gandhi Tandoori
Ranked #41 of 113 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. Nice food and excellent service... Went for a meal just for taste. Usually go to the Mahdi spice but wanted different. Was busy that night. Table wasn't empty. Me and wife waited 15 minutes and got a chance to seat. Very nice service and food. I should go to Gandhi now...

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We walked into the ghandi at 10.30 pm Thursday 10th jan 2013. And was told that they close at 23.30, we said fine we only want to eat and do not plan on staying all night. The waiter then rushed off and came back with another waiter, and I presume the manager, and quite aggressively gathered around my fiancée and me, and reiterated, that they close at 23.30. On this I said fine and said to my fiancée lets go they obviously do not want our buisness. On this the manager stated that we had booked a table for 22.00 if they had been busy I could understand, but their was not a soul in the resturant, I wonder why ?? Perhaps they need some lessons in basic management skills, we shall certainly never return or recommend and advise you never ever go.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Lovely place! The time between ordering and receiving the food was quite quick. The chicken and lamb were some of the most beautifully cooked pieces of meat I have eaten. So tender and soft and fluffy. Was great. Flavours were really nice too. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been going to the Gandhi Tandoori for a number of years now as we visit from near Lewes on a regular basis - we have also recommended friends and family to eat here (something we do not do very often) and they are always very pleased with both the service and the food.

There are a number of Indian restaurants in Rye and we have tried most - trust us for an excellent traditional meal do not try anywhere else before you try the Gandhi Tandoori.

1  Thank Ellen-Phill
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We recently stayed in Rye and ate at The Gandhi Tandoori one night. We were impressed with the quality of the food (we both had vegetarian dishes) and the bill was very reasonable. Service was good and the staff were friendly and attentive. I would definitely come back here if I were ever to return to Rye.

1  Thank Caroline041