“Lets move to Tuscany, if the foods like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tuscan Rye

Tuscan Rye
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Cash Only, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A must visit, former owners and founders return to Rye. Florentine chef Franco and Jen take you straight back to a day in Tuscany. Whether you want a moment to relax or stay and linger, they welcome you to their home and kitchen. Recipes past down generations from the pages of an old family book to savour and enjoy. Wine is as important as food here and there is an extensive list of Tuscan region wines. Lion Street is tucked away leading to St Mary's Church in the heart of Rye.
Hastings
“Lets move to Tuscany, if the foods like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Treated my 37 almost 38 week pregnant other half to what may be our last meal out tongether, just us two and boy am I pleased we went there. The starters, main and dessert along with the lady (jan) I think, who is one of the owners, and the gentleman from Italy / sheppards bush were a delight. Gonna go back as a family and can't wait

1 Thank BoyceRIP

London, United Kingdom
“My 50th Birthday Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had my 50th birthday party at the Tuscan Kitchen last July 2013 and everyone there (including myself) thought the food and the service faultless and very wonderful. I left the entire menu in their capable hands and was rewarded with exquisite dishes such as lobster ravioli and arista of pork with pear and gorgonzola- mouth watering stuff indeed! The ambience was perfect and the staff couldn't have done more to make this night memorable for me. Thank-you so much Tuscan Kitchen...the best restaurant in Rye!

• Visited July 2012
East Sussex
“Great Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first and best restaurant we visited during our stay in Rye.
Great food, lovely atmosphere and friendly hosting.
Will certainly revisit!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Willow-Tree-House
UK
“Excellent. A taste of Florence in Rye!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Superb. I took three professional colleagues from Buckswood to the Tuscan Kitchen on Friday for lunch, and the food and the service were faultless. The welcome was traditionally Tuscan and the menu was inspiring. It helped, of course, that I once lived in Tuscany when I was Principal of the International junior School of Florence, so we had much in common to discuss. This gem within the higher echelon of culinary hierarchy is highly recommended to you, but you must book well in advance for dinner. Lunch is served on Friday and Sunday.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank discerningbexhillian
Brookland, United Kingdom
“This place never fails to delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thank you Jen and Franco for another wonderful night with friends. A trip here is like a mini-holiday, transported to Tuscany in all its authenticity. The food is divine - if I could lick the plate on the truffle pasta without causing offence I would! The steak melts like butter and the pear, Gorgonzola and walnut salad is my favourite. The atmosphere is great and Jen makes a welcome host - the theme is 'take us as you find us' but we find them refreshingly genuine, focused on a fabulous food experience without any gimmicks or fancy frills and we love our visits. Can't wait for the scallops festival!

• Visited December 2012