“Most wonderful uk break..!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Blue Door Barns

Little Lodge bedroom
The Sailor's House
The Nook
The Snug, the Blue Door Barns treatment room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 45 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Charlotte...
“Most wonderful uk break..!”
Reviewed July 14, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Me and my friend had the most lovely time staying in The Nook for a few days to get away from the stresses of everyday life.

I cannot fault anything... hospitality = more than friendly and very helpful, the accommodation = beautifully decorated (one of the owners is an interior decorator --- www.bluedoorbarnsinteriors.com ---for more details, breakfast = so delicious and catered to my gluten free needs with no qualms, and finally massages and facials = the BEST I've ever had!!!

I loved my stay here so so much, and I cannot wait to go back with family and friends to treat them to a wonderful getaway near the fab town of Brighton... There's so much to do and see..!

Thanks again ladies for one of the best breaks I've ever been on x

AnnaRudge
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location, gorgeous Lodge, wonderful breakfast Hamper AND Pet Friendly! Perfect !!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Blue Door Barns have left no stone unturned when considering their guests comfort, the accommodation has been beautifully done and is simply gorgeous, it will not disappoint!

I stayed in Little Lodge with my two spaniels (being pet friendly was the primary reason for my booking!) but what I found far outweighed all expectations. Plenty of room, very tastefully furnished and a secure field directly behind the accommodation for dog walking!

The hamper provided for my stay was incredible - cookies, bread, filter coffee, free range eggs, local bacon, muesli, milk, raspberries, orange juice, butter. Blue Door Barns think of everything.

Bryony herself is just lovely, we also had the chance to ride out together across the Downs - another highly recommended plus point. Blue Door Barns organise everything for you, all you have to do is turn up and ride.

Very professional indeed and worth every penny, I cannot recommend Blue Door Barns highly enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Laura S
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A birthday treat”
Reviewed May 11, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

An absolute gem. Stylish, smart and sassy. Organised as a surprise escape for a special birthday - this gift really delivered ! Emma and Bryony make you feel like a welcome and cherished guest - not a processed holiday traveller. BDB exude genuine charm and luxury - all the touches of lux- boutique without the 'turn down' service clichés. Heavenly spa treatments delivered with expertise and panache in the kicked-back snug - highly recommended. Breakfast a triumph of style and taste - great food in a gloriously styled vintage chic sitting/dining room with tunes by Lady Day. Riding at nearby Bevern Bridge stables, shopping at Lewes and excellent dining options nearby. Quirky. Divine. Hopefully will be back. Will definitely recommend.

Your age range 35-49
NewYorkNe...
Kent, England
“Amazing surprise weekend!”
Reviewed January 20, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a surprise weekend away as planned by my fiance. He really did select the most amazing place! We stayed in the largest of the 4 lodges and found it to be incredibly inviting, cosy, warm, stylish, rustic and certainly very comfortable. Breakfast was superb as was the service provided by Emma & Bryony. We loved all the little signs and detail they have put into this place. I was also surprised with a treatment in The Snug. One word - heaven! Fleur is a miracle worker, I'd highly recommend her full body massage! Would we return? Just try and stop us!!

Your age range 25-34
677evans
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely gorgeous”
Reviewed November 28, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I was looking for a really lovely place for an overnight stay for my husbands birthday in November and I am so pleased to have discovered Blue Door Barns. What a gorgeous bolt-hole in a beautiful part of the country. The lovely owner Bryony was really accommodating and you has a real flair for creating a comfortable and stylish place to stay. As we have a young family, we could only stay one night before heading back to family life, but we were able to book a single Saturday night (rather than a two night stay as is the case with lots of places) and Bryony also managed to squeeze a booking for spa treatment for us both in before we headed back to real-life in London. Fabulous and delicious breakfast got a big thumbs up from my super critical husband too! We will definitely be back!

HoveLinz
hove
“Our new favourite bolt hole :)”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Stayed here for one night but it was so lovely we shall definetely be returning! My husband booked it as an anniversary surprise, and we arrived on a wet Bank holiday Monday afternoon..we settled into the Cosy 'Nook' room & watched the freeview! The bed was so comfy and the shower the next day was lovely soft water and powerful and hot :)
They had nice soaps and shower products too, and the way they had decorated the room was just lovely, think French shabby chic!
One of the nicest touches was the breakfast in a beautiful dining room n the main house, my huevos rancheros was yummy and my husbands poached egg on avocado toast was equally delicious! Superb hosts too!

DavidRLun...
“A wonderful stay with our son before his wedding!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

A wonderful weekend where we stayed prior to our son's wedding. Bryony and Emma treated us to such amazing hospitality and cooked us a wonderful candlelit meal on the Friday evening where we were joined by other guests.
We will treasure our memories of the blue door barns and how welcoming Bryony and Emma were forever!
We have already recommended the bdb to all at the wedding! .....and will continue to do so.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing