“Great Quality Food and Value”
Review of Panda Garden

Panda Garden
Ranked #25 of 121 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ordered a superb take-away last night from the Panda Garden for New Years Eve.
We ordered it a day in advance and were so happy with the food that we decided to leave a review.
It was beautiful food and there was plenty of it!
We ordered lots as we were unsure of the portion size but we probably could have ordered half, we were so impressed at the taste and quality. We felt the food had been made from fresh and used fresh ingredients.
I havent eaten in the Panda Garden for some years, but I will not hesitate to order from here again. We don't eat take outs very often, we do like quality food so I would highly recommend The Panda Garden. We will be back for sure, it beats our local chinese by far.
Very friendly service too.

1  Thank starteam10

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We are not frequent visitors but every year have a large family gathering, the food for which is delivered by the Panda Garden....so I was concerned about the recent poor reviews. I contacted the restaurant and the owners are both upset and concerned. They cannot understand why these reviews are there but also why genuinely disappointed customers do not say something to them at time so they can respond. I ordered our usual feast and it was delivered bang on time. As usual the food was excellent with very generous portions. The crispy duck was moist, with plenty of pancakes. The sesame prawn toast packed with prawns and large, tasty spare ribs. We followed with lemon chicken, beef in tomato, sweet & sour pork and king prawns. All well cooked. I cannot understand why some people have been disappointed with the food and will order again next year.

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were hoping for a pub meal but our favourite choses did not do eve meals. This was an excellent alternative with friendly service and delicious food. All very good value

1  Thank 507Debs
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Title says it all: Lewes deserves a better Chinese restaurant that this. It isn't hard to stir-fry food, we all do it at home. The food here is worse than bland and it wasn't even hot. The owners are outwardly very well-meaning and friendly but you get the sense that they have no control over what's coming out of the kitchen and even less ambition or desire to sort it out. Perhaps they've never actually tasted the food? Perhaps they think this is what people in this town are after? The decor is just shabby and sad and has the air of a funeral parlour. I'd like to find something to be complimentary about but I don't see any value in trying. Unpleasant in every respect.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The food is great but a little pricey. The is service friendly and personal with a nice family orientated atmosphere. Its a well-established restaurant and my family has been visiting for almost 20 years and we have never had a bad experience!

1  Thank Interailtraveller