“fantastic standard”

Beechwood B and B
Ranked #3 of 39 Lewes B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Carol and Cere were excellent hosts and the hotel was spotless. You would not want for a better breakfast, ask my wife who had smoked salmon (with a hint of chilli) and scrambled eggs. My daughter (aged 13) also stayed with us and found the whole experience very memorable due to the time and effort the hosts put in. If in that part of the world again I will look no further than the Beechwood B and B.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the Main road although it did not create a problem for us - it was the Eme...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mikeeg56
There are newer reviews for Beechwood B and B

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We travelled with our 1 year old daughter and stayed for one night. We would have loved to stay longer. The rooms and bathroom are so beautiful and luxurious and every single detail has been carefully thought out. It is very much like staying with friends even though you've never met them before! Breakfast was lovely and is served in the bright conservatory with lots of choice. Our daughter loved the dogs, the huge garden, the trampoline and the masses of attention.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent 11 weeks at Beechwood because I was doing an internship in Uckfield, I was welcomed by Carol and Ceri, they introduce their-selves as my new parents, and they were. The house is beautiful with a huge garden, three lovely dogs, great bedroom and bathroom. Carol and Ceri are very nice people, they know good advice for tours in the area. If I had to go back in East Sussex, it is here that I would book a room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like old friends and we sat and chatted over coffee for such a long time we nearly forgot to go out for dinner. Carol and Ceri are genuinely interested in their guests and really personalise the stay, so unlike any hotel I've ever stayed in. The house, gardens, and our room was truly 5 star and the breakfast was excellent. We would certainly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the area as we wouldn't fault anything. I will be promoting them to all my colleagues and friends who need to go that way.

Room Tip: We had the Emerald room which was very large and had a large ensuite bathroom with separate bath and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank abc123980
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Carol and Ceri are great people. When we arrived Ceri was gardening but stopped what he was doing and made us fresh coffee and served it in our luxurious room with home made cake. Bathroom was to die for with enough free toiletries to last us a year. I have to have towels like these, they are soooo soft. Breakfast was very indulgent, very well presented and service throughout was excellent. Dogs were great although got covered in slobber a few times.
Would love to return and would highly recommend this B & B. They work very hard to maintain its high standards - Well Done
Helen & Mark

Room Tip: After having a nosey around I think our room, Emerald was nicest although it is at the front of the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Highly recommended, Carol and Ceri great people and very welcoming, dogs were great and only met us when we asked to see them. The room was one of the best that I have stayed in with a huge and very luxurious bathroom with large bath and separate shower. Breadfast could not be bettered; fed us through to the evening. This is truly a 5 star B&B in the perfect location to explore this wonderful part of the country.

Room Tip: you would be happy to stay in any of these rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeoJi
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having stayed at Beechwood for the second time, I can only say that the quality of service, the warm, friendly welcome, the comfort of the luxurious surroundings and the totally relaxing environment are equal to my previous visit. Carol and Ceri work hard to maintain and improve every aspect of the bed and breakfast, with decorative updates in the bedrooms and downstairs breakfast room. My partner and I stayed in the Emerald Room and has the benefit of a lovely en suite. They have added feature walls behind the headboards to give the rooms a new WOW! factor. The Emerald Room was comfortably furnished and the room accessories just added to the homely feel of the place. Breakfast, as I remember from my previous visit, was delicious, with more than enough to choose from and is situated overlooking the lovely (although currently weather-beaten) extensive back garden. As before, my partner and I would, and will, recommend Beechwood to anyone looking to visit this part of East Sussex. It's as good as you can get.

Room Tip: The Emerald Room has a large en suite and although it's at the front of the house, overlooking t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coolschool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
The Shelleys
#1 of 1 in Halland
Buxted Park Hotel
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Uckfield

Been to Beechwood B and B? Share your experiences!