“get what u pay for and more!”
Review of Pomegranate - CLOSED

Pomegranate
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a tapas bar serving authentic tapas, great cocktails and craft beers in the old town of Hastings
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went here for my birthday this year with 2of my friends- we had huss with potato for the main and plum crumble for desert both were delish!! very pleasant surprise on my taste buds u can definately tell the fresh fish from the packet and this was fresh!! we had a couple of glasses of wine and everything was perfect-the restraunts decor was right down my street,we wasn't rushed,waiters were spot on and the food was perfs would def go again :) the only negs i would say about the pomegranate is that the toilet placing is a bit inconvinient as its right outside the kitchen door and quite a few times there was a queue,which made it quite hard for the waiters to get in and out of the kitchen... but overall very nice and look forward to my next visit :D

Reviewed September 23, 2012

we had a great meal -- very high quality preparation. The wait staff was great -- attentive, made good suggestions, and pleasant conversation. Everything was fresh and made from scratch.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went with teenage daughter who lives in London and she thought it compared well to trendy London eateries for atmosphere! Friendly service even though they were terrifically busy on this Saturday night.We did have bit of a wait for our mains but some olives we given to fill in gap and food very good when it came.I loved the hallumi risotto! Will go back when next in Hastings.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

very poor service when ordered dessert we were given our bill without asking also we would have liked to have had coffee but not given the option will not return.

2  Thank suzyje
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We'd avoided Pomegranate for some years because of the variable quality of the food, but decided to give it another go. Alas, nothing has changed. The mussells were cold and tasteless, the skate was watery, the accompanying chunky chips were terribly overcooked and the Freedom lager was off. Sent the lot back and only paid for 2 bottles of Corona (not a word from the kitchen and I think the boss was cooking that night) - our evening meal ended up being two packets of crisps in the Filo.

I want to like this place because it has everything going for it, but fear that it's aimed at the tourist market rather than us locals who would eat there if the food was even just alright.

1  Thank Stephen M