Swan House
$66
$64
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
$71
$64
Travelocity
$100
$97
Travelocity
$145
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
All reviewsgarden roomrenaissance roomold townhomemade baked beansattention to detailopen firehonesty barbeautiful old buildingthe perfect hostwarm welcomebreakfast was deliciousparking permitjerwood gallerygeorge streetperfect in every waysmoked salmonhigh street
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I tried to persuade the owner, the charming Brendan, to let me live there and be his housekeeper! No such luck. Swan House is perfect in every way - the most beautiful rooms, wonderful sitting room, sumptuous breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for Brendan or his young staff. He even paid for our parking, booked restaurants for us and organised taxis. We weren't expected to be out of the house after breakfast - he is more than happy for his guests to use the sitting room at any time. He offered us a night cap when we returned from dinner on Saturday night. The most attentive and lovely host. We stayed in the Renaissance Room which had a lovely sun filled terrace where we sat in the mornings and evenings. I cannot stress enough how beautiful Swan House is - and Brendan of course - and will definitely stay again. Brendan - please give me the job!! Judith and Garry O'Leary Gilroy

Room Tip: We saw our room and the Church Room both of which were wonderful. I imagine the other two rooms are just as beautiful.
1  Thank Judith O
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed at The Swan House this weekend whilst in Hastings for a friends wedding.

From the moment I booked the hotel the service was fastastic. Brendan the owner was warm, attentive and I was really excited about our stay having had that initial experience.

On arrival we were greeted by the lovely Harriet who helped us settle in, our room and the communal areas of the hotel just oozed comfort and were really nicely decorated. Breakfast was one of the best I've had and to top it off we were lucky enough to eat it in their lovely garden.

We would highly recommend this place...

2  Thank MazCaz264
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hastings was our last of 3 stops on a slightly unconventional holday. I was a little skeptical when we left London for what I thought amounted to a tour of the south-east quadrant of the commuter belt...Whitstable, Tunbridge Wells and Hastings. I mean, how is it going to be anything but an okay holiday at best? Well how wrong was I? Brendan at Swan House was our host for our last two nights and really capped off a wonderful trip. The house is beautiful, the rooms show a real care and eye for detail. The breakfast was simply A-1 and Brendan and his excellent staff even wheel out daily breakfast specials like berry smoothies or corned beef hash if you fancy. As well as being excellent the service is also unobtrusive which is a real balancing at that I'm sure takes a lot of practice. We felt we could drift in and out without any worries knowing that the staff were around somewhere if we needed anything.
Thank you all at Swan House, we will see you soon!

2  Thank thomasglover
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been to Hastings many times for work and to see friends, but now I know exactly where we'll be staying on all future visits. We came for a wedding and the combination of modern luxury (beautiful decor, wifi, fantastic breakfast and excellent customer service) with the higgledy piggledy romance of such an amazing old building was perfect! I forgot Hastings New Town even existed and just revelled in the Old Town glory.

Such a friendly atmosphere, the cutest dogs and even the ceilings were pretty high for such an old house! Handy for the 6' 2" husband!!

Couldn't fault it and really looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: As far as we could tell from other guests, all rooms were equally wonderful.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Part of the reason we ended up in Hastings was looking forward to staying at this B&B, and it was a highlight of our UK/Belgium/Normandy trip. The physical layout itself weaves historic touches with chic art, and the room (we had downstairs double-bedded room) combines with the living area, Internet nook, and terrace in nice weather to make for a spacious arrangement. Watch your head in the doorways; we are taller these days!

Location is excellent--a short block off old town George Street but quiet. Brendan welcomed us on arrival and brought us tea and cookies on the terrace, with a couple of the friendliest Jack Russell terriers I've ever met hanging out there. Brendan gave us many tips for dining options, which were plentiful and close by. He gave us a lovely Foyles's War book, knowing we were fans, and pointed the way to the DCI Foyle house down the street.

Breakfast was two generous courses and I wished I were even hungrier to do it justice, though my husband helped me out. He had a fabulous omelet and I enjoyed the French toast, both with bacon. Ample coffee to wake us up.

For afternoon tea, the "store bought" cookies noted in another review were fine by us. Wireless service was excellent.

We loved the place and would like to return! I think the only thing we would change is getting either two twin beds together or see if there's a room with a bigger bed, as hubby is quite tall and hogs the double bed!

Thanks, Brendan and staff, for a wonderful stay, and for the nice anniversary card too!

Room Tip: We loved ground floor room (no stairs) but will try for a bigger than double bed or 2 next time
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple