Seaspray Bed & Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from an excellent weekend at the Seaspray B&B. Jo and Dale are the perfect hosts in ever way. Dale is the font of all knowledge on Hastings and without his recommendations we would have missed half of what this beautiful seaside town has to offer. The B&B is a lovely 10-15 minute stroll to the heart of Hastings.
The room we had was a lovely large room with a nice view over the garden, all was clean and tip top condition. Breakfast is a real treat, with lots of choice and good quality ingredients.
We would not hesitate in staying here again and recommending it to others.
Thank you Jo and Dale for a great weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had a recent stay with my other half as had tickets to the theatre.Jo & Dale were excellent hosts and the room was excellent.The Seaspray was within walking distance of the town as well as the Old Town. Would recommend it to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic place to stay. Jo and Dale could not have been more friendly or helpful. Very clean and comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Very close to all amenities. Would definitely recommend and fantastic value for money

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I rented a single room (Room 1) which overlooked the seafront for 2 nights. The room was small, but cosy and most importantly had a lovely sea view. The cost of 30 pounds per night including full cooked breakfast was extremely reasonable.

The location is superb - across from the beach and a short stroll along the sea front to all of the local amenities (plenty of restaurants, pubs, shops etc.)

The hosts were very accommodating without being intrusive. I would certainly recommend this B and B.

For info, I had look at one of the double rooms which was much bigger than the single that I stayed in. This would be perfect for couples getting away.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Seaspray is a great base for Hastings and St Leonard's. We have stayed for a couple of years now and found that it is very comfortable and good value. Dale and Jo are perfect hosts and keep everything running smoothly. If you have the full English breakfast, you will probably never need to eat again! I found the food very good and the bed very comfortable, but I was so tired (it was the Jack in the Green weekend and I had walked miles) I could probably have slept anywhere. It was very clean and well looked after.

I know that Hastings might look a bit run down (see other comments), but I have been coming for c30 years to the Jack in the Green and, believe me, it is definitely on the way up!

Room Tip: The first floor room at the front is lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple