“They have made some improvements”

Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have recently returned from a short weekend break which was organised through the Sun. However this was all wrong and so booked directly and paid the full amount instead.
We stayed in their budget caravan which was a mistake in March as the bedrooms were freezing. Definitely upgrade if you can.
The caravan was lovely and very clean, we could not fault this.
However we stayed in the double bedroom and woke up soaking wet each morning. The duvets were soaking but we weren't sure if this was damp, condensation or a leak.
We decided not to complain as I couldn't really be bothered to move all of our stuff to another caravan for the sake of a further two nights.

The entertainment was great for the kids and the pool is really good. This part of the holiday cannot be made any better.
The parks are well maintained and they have made some improvements to the parts closest to reception. This now includes a play area and basketball court.

Overall we had a great time, despite being cold. However we should have paid to upgrade.
We have never had a bad time at a Haven camp and are really pleased. I have since emailed Haven to ask them to have a look at the caravan we were in to make sure there is no leak in the roof. They have dealt with my email promptly but am waiting for a full response.
All the staff at Haven are brillant.

Room Tip: If you are staying in March definitely upgrade so you have heating in the bedrooms, it was very damp...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Michelle H
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Combe Haven. I have passed your comments on to our accommodation team and they were delighted to know the holiday home you were in was clean and up to our haven standard.
We do indeed have a lovely new development on our top part of our park and I am so pleased you and family enjoyed every bit of it and all the entertainment during your stay
I was sorry to read that the caravan you were allocated was so cold, we do have many different graded caravans and our standard caravans which I am assuming you were in would only have the heating in the lounge. Also at this time of year we do get condensation on the windows in our caravans which can result in slight dampness however if you were to e email me on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com or call me on 01424 427891 with your reference number I would be more than happy to look into your booking and find out more about the caravan you were in.
Your feedback is invaluable and will help our future guests, so thank you again and I lok forward to hearing from you soon.

Reception Teameader

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This was out
Second stay at
Combe haven and we were not disappointed ! On check in we had been upgraded to a caravan with heating! Reception staff very friendly and helpful advising where to go to find your van, the park is very big so easy to lose your way!! The live lounge has something for everyone and entertainments team are great! They done there debut show on Sunday and it was very good! Saxton bar is good for sports while also have amusements to keep the kids entertained. The nice new area around the reception and pool is great, kids loved the sand play area!! Defiantly be going back to Combe haven!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank KelScott_8
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear KelScott8
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay again with us, I was so delighted to hear you and your family had another great experience and we too are extremely pleased with our new development Lagoon View and newly refurbished area outside the reception which has a fantastic new play area and multi sports pitch.
It would be so lovely to see you all again, please call us anytime when you have decided on visiting us, as we do have some great come back offers for this year and next.
Take care for now

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I stayed in late march 2014 for a short week stay. We were booked into a lovely clean caravan.

The site was spotless and the staff very helpful. Sporting activities were fun although a bit pricey. The pool was spacious and clean.

Pleased to find the Saxon bar / entertainment center had a soft play area which was fun for our 12 month old baby and toddler.

The spa shop well stocked but a bit expensive but expected due to its convenience.

I feel it's an ideal caravan holiday site for families but it's a very hilly site!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank lawsy64

Dear Lawsy64
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read you and your family had a wonderful holiday and you experienced our Saxon centre, this has been recently refurbished to a sea theme and as well as the soft play area for the under 6, it also has a new range of beers for 2014, Guest Cask Ales, Live Sport every day, relaxed atmosphere with great sun terrace, Fun works Arcade, Karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights and many more planned events for the coming season.
Again we really appreciate your positive review so future guests can get a feel about our park, especially noting the hilly side of it, we are always happy to put notes on guests booking if they felt it would be an issue and we would do our utmost to allocate a good location.
If you were ever to consider visiting us again this year or in 2015 we have some fantastic offers available, call us anytime if you would like more information on 01424 427891.
Kind regards and have a wonderful summer

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Loads for the kids to do good pool play areas fun station etc. static home roomy clean and comfy. Nice pitch and putt course outdoor pool opens on Monday the Live Lounge very good for all ages. The beach within walking distance with approx 217 restaurants/cafés to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank hicko999
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hello Hicko999
Thank you so much for the writing a wonderful review. Your feedback is invaluable and I know your comments will indeed help and encourage future guests.
I do need to just amend your comment on the outdoor pool facilities as this will open on Friday 23rd May as stated in the brochure, however we are presently using the outdoor pool for our Kayaking sessions which is a great activity to do while on park.
We hope you will think about returning to Combe Haven and if we can assist you with anything please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.
Reception Team leader

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked a break with haven some months ago for a weekend away visiting friends in late march, less than two days before the break i was called by them to cancel it due to the bad weather over the new year, the customer service i received from them following this has been extermeley poor and just plain ignorant, i had to rebook at another park at very short notice which cost me an extra £30 and all i asked Haven was that they should cover this, basically I was told no chance and when i tried to complain and take it further my email was plain ignored for a week! (take a bow Annerlei Maxwell) until I complained higher up then Annerlei sprung into action and very kindly offered me an upgrade next time i book with them, i politely declined this and am just beating my head against a wall with them, for me you find out how good a company is when things go wrong and sadly Haven have failed miserably in their customer care. never again!

4  Thank gilesATFC

Dear GilesATFC,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we were really sad to hear that you were unhappy with our customer service. We tried so hard to ensure that the impact on guests caused by the storm and flooding damage was kept to a minimum. As a holiday provider the last thing we wanted to do was disappoint 30 families by cancelling their holiday. We were expecting a new delivery of replacement caravans but when it was clear they were not going to arrive on time we were left with no alternative but to contact the families affected, most of them transferred to another Haven park or like yourself, accepted a full refund so that you could book with another company. It was just unfortunate that as you needed to be specifically in that area it meant that you had to find alternative accommodation with another holiday company.

I’ve spoken to our customer care manager about the unacceptable time lapse in responding to your email and she’s really sorry and is investigating how this happened so that she can review the processes to ensure this does not happen again.

We are very sorry that the bad weather had such a negative impact on your perception of us and we hope that now that the warmer weather is approaching you will decide to visit us in the future.

Guest Relations Manager
Head Office

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at Combe Haven for a long weekend in March, when it was quite chilly and rainy. We were part of a party who had taken over 19 caravans, involving 67 adults and their children. One of our party arrived to find their accommodation in apple-pie order, as it was quite evident that the cleaners had missed this one out. Aside from that, the rest of us were surprised and pleased with the quality of our places. Very modern mobile homes with a nice little telly with many, many channels on it, a big fridge and a freezer too, heating that made our stay more comfortable in the chill evening air; the only complaint that anyone seemed to have was that the beds were very uncomfortable with just one very flat pillow to sleep on, but whether a bed is comfortable or not is down to personal preference.

It was nice and peaceful for most of the time. There seemed to be quite a bit for the kids to do. The staff were, without exception, really nice and friendly, both in Reception and everywhere else. Getting served at the bar was very easy as there were plenty of servers. I remember reading about the prices on site being very high. As we come from Berkshire, we are used to paying higher prices for our drinks, so we were pleasantly surprised to find that the bars here charged about the same prices that we are used to at home. Exactly the same can be said about the food in the Mash and Barrel restaurant. The prices were almost identical to most similar places in Berkshire, and the quality of the food was exceptionally good. The service was excellent too. The entertainment was pretty much what can be expected at venues like this, with the evening starting with bingo, then a kids disco with “Agadoo” and suchlike, then a rock band, competitions, more rock and then a bit of disco to finish.

We enjoyed ourselves, and we have already “pencilled in” another group visit, although probably a bit smaller next time!

Room Tip: The entertainment complex is at the top of the hill, so it is worth bearing in mind that holidaymake...
1  Thank 1,921
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear 1921

Thank you for kind review, I was so pleased to hear back from you and know that the birthday weekend was a great success.
Your feedback has been passed on to all the departments, and they have expressed their thanks back to you. I am so sorry regarding the apple – pie Caravan, I personally went down with the guests to check them into their new accommodation and everyone seemed happy.
It will be a real pleasure to have you back with us and if you need any help with your future bookings please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the team here on 01424 427891, take care.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Holes in the ceiling, windows that would not close correctly, mouldy stains behind curtains on window and on curtains, carpet in need of replacement, a musty smell throughout caravan. Muddy pathways outside, parking ok as place was empty, our short break was cut even shorter because the place is an accident waiting to happen. It was so cold the first night we all ended up huddled up in front of the fire, which was hard to light and the co2 carbon monoxide alarm went off twice indicating a faulty appliance. I suffered a very bad headache for two days after we left. We are so pleased we left the very next day and simply will never return. A phone call to head office to complain resulted in nothing more than being told to to write in.

I think it better to warn people about our experience and I cannot express how disappointed we felt. Would not recommend this place to anyone, please read the other highly disappointed reviews left by other let down holiday makers

Room Tip: Don't go we got smelly caravan and was freezing left after just one night
6  Thank Maria S
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Maria S
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent weekend break with us.
I am really sorry to read your comments regarding our Park, guest’s safety is absolutely paramount to us and on knowing any concerns from our guests we would have gone straight down to your caravan to rectify the gas fire and the Co2 alarm and any other issue reported. All holiday homes are well ventilated and this does sometimes result in them being cold especially over night, our specifications on which caravans come with heating in the bedrooms are highlighted on the web site, brochure and in the welcome booklet in the caravans. I am honestly saddened to hear you cut your holiday short regarding your concerns highlighted above. All Team here at Combe pride ourselves on ensuring all our guests have a wonderful Haven experience.
If you would like to call me on 01424 427891 or email on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com, I would be more than happy to go through your comments and look into restoring your faith back with us.
Reception Team Leader

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Royal Victoria Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings
Eagle House Hotel
Eagle House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Hastings

Been to Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!