“Amazing value”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hastings B&B and Inns
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed far more expensive hotels which were not as well maintained, well equipped and clean as these rooms. The value for money is really exceptional. The location in the new town is not especially attractive, but it's a short walk to the nice bit from here. The staff are friendly and helpful (carrying our filthy bikes down a passage to store safely overnight). Highly recommended. The street was slightly noisy but I slept well in the comfortable, and realised in the morning that I had left the window open, so i could have made it quieter. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend with our children at the end of June. Unfortunately our youngest became ill almost as soon as we arrived which could have been a nightmare but wasn't. The staff and manager/owner were so kind and helpful it really made a difference.

We hadn't planned to but because of our son's illness we ate in the bar downstairs and the food was really good with something to suit all my fussy family. We didn't have breakfast.
Our double room (3 I think) was very small but the bed was really comfortable - there wasn't a plug in the sink and I couldn't get hot water on the last morning for a shower but that could have been me and I used the shower in the kids room anyway. My kids had a larger and very nice twin on the top floor. My partner found the traffic noise a bit of a problem at times but i sleep like the dead so no problem for me!

I'd definitely stay here again.

Finally it made a really nice change that the owner I booked with was completely honest about the live music on the friday night and that it would be noisy. It was but we knew up front and it stopped exactly when he said it would.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner about what you want or prefer in advance - I found him really helpful and accomoda...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sjbmbfkb
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

food was good and well presented. but as for the rooms, they were so small! i could barely get to the side of the bed? plug sockets were upside down? and the ensuite was minute. As a guy i need to shave but where was the plug for the wash basin? this was one that had a pop up blocker or it should have done?but all there was ,was a hole?
I found it to be quite noisy as well.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business instead of the premier inn as the price was the same and I like trying to find bnbs. The staff in the pub downstairs are very accommodating and brought my dinner up to me. The room is very nice, with all new furniture and appliances, very clean, big and comfortable, and with lots of natural light.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here because Mrs. Ticehurst Dave was having a birthday. We wanted to check out Webb's seafood restaurant, and didn't fancy one of us having to drive home afterwards.

I checked out placed in the "old town" which seemed very expensive and were all fully booked anyway. The 'budget' hotels were all out of town and would have required a taxi ride to get back from the front.

Town Rooms seemed ideal, as it was not as expensive as the places in the old town, and was actually about the same as the chain hotels that were located well on the way out of town.

Our room was on what I think was the top floor, on a corner, so views were in two directions, although I have to say, if you want great views, this is not the place for you.

The room was large and had everything we needed. Mostly this consisted, for us,of the bed, but there was also plenty of space for luggage, a large screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, and a bathroom with a more than adequate shower, or bath if you would prefer.

The window frames rattled a bit in the wind, but as I sleep with ear plugs, this didn't bother me too much.

There is an attached pub/restaurant, which I wished we had tried. Unfortunately by the time we had finished with Webb's I was in no state to try the bar (Although I did see that some local beers from Long Man were available). The restaurant menu also looked pretty good for lunch, and fine for dinner, if it hadn't been a birthday!

We skipped breakfast as only a Continental seem to be on offer. Breakfast is not included in the room rate. instead we went to the cafe in the BHS across the road and had a fry up.

Although we didn't have the chance to sample this place properly, it seems a good place to stay if you want to be in central Hastings for a reasonable price. The old town is a short walk away, it's very close to the station, and there's a bar. What more could you want really?

Our only "issue" was, this being Hastings on a Saturday night, there was a bit of noise after the pubs had shut and the sad people were on their way home, but this is not the hotel's fault, of course. In this case, ear plugs didn't help.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The location is perfect, quiet street and within easy walking distance of everything. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed so comfy.
The staff are efficient but so very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and the free parking in the shopping centre car park was an added bonus.
I would highly recommend it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night in May 2013. We wanted to be walking distance from the old town so we could go out in the evening but in the centre of Hastings to also visit the high street shops. This place was perfect for this. The room was spacious with sofa chair and desk easily fitting in addition to the bed which was comfy. It was decorated in a modern way with trendy / quirky fittings and this carried through the whole building - giving it a great feel, clearly time and effort had been put in here. Breakfast was brilliant and any cooked breakfast made to bespoke order, with other offering laud out In the diner area just off from the bar that is attached In the dowstairs area of the town house.

Couldn't of been more pleased with our stay here. And person we dealt with was friendly too.

• Stayed May 2013