“Nice and clean at a fairly cheap price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chatsworth Hotel

Chatsworth Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Ely, United Kingdom
“Nice and clean at a fairly cheap price”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend. The rooms are clean but could do with modernising. The downside was that each night we were woken by our neighbours banging doors whilst coming in at 3.30 am each night ! We were at the rear of the hotel which meant although we had no sea view there was no road noise . The breakfast was lovely each morning with a varied choice of continental or cooked breakfast and because of the two hour breakfast time it was never really busy. The staff were helpful and attentive . A nice stay at a cheap price ...

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

stayed here on a university trip. It was better than what i expected. There is a wide selection of food at breakfast. The rooms are clean and quite homely, especially the bathroom. There is a bar but I never saw it open once during my stay. The location is the most convenient, as the beach is right across the road. I would recommend this hotel overall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zleopard
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was OK, we only really slept here as it’s not the sort of place you want to do anything else in. The rooms are Ok, very tired and in need of a paint brush, but then it is cheap. The staff are attentive and work hard. I reiterated that I did not want any breakfast (as mentioned in previous reviews) so we will see if they have added it to my bill. Would probably not stay here again. The bed was soft on one side and rock hard on the other and had a dip in the middle, very uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked here last minute for a weekend away over the bank holiday weekend. We had to settle for a twin room as there were no doubles available at late notice. I had read some of the unkind reviews left in a bit of a panic but was confused by the mixture of good and bad I saw. We were convinced that we would get what we paid for, after all, we were just looking for a clean room to sleep in, not a luxury room to spend all weekend in. We were apprehensive as we arrived but the guy that checked us in was helpful and friendly enough, we found our room ok and were pleasantly surprised that it was actually of a very decent standard. I can't speak for all of the rooms, but ours had a sea view, was relatively spacious and clean, the bathroom was dated but clean and functional. There was a main road outside that wasn't massively noisy, you are too far away from most of the clubs to get the kicking out noise and the beds were actually very comfortable. I would say very good but I do have to say that the place could use redecorating. Some of the paint was peeling on the walls of our room and the furniture was a little scruffy but otherwise, speaking from our experience and the price we paid, the Chatsworth is well worth a visit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy S
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

A romantic last minute weekend away and it went very well Easter weekend - Friday to Monday we stayed for only £160 it was fantastic sea view lovely room, very comfortable beds, will defo be going back there again and would defo recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Overall the hotel was nice and I found the staff very friendly and helpful at the time of check in. They were able to recommend somewhere cheaper to park as they do not have a car park and the room was clean and comfortable.

However, reading the review below, I can relate to this. We did not have breakfast, but I checked my bank balance and found that they had deducted £14 from my bank account for two breakfasts. They used the card details I had used to secure the booking on Booking.com, not the card used to pay for the room. I called to ask for a refund and the lady on the phone was not very friendly and she accused us of actually having the breakfast. I told her this was not the case. She then told me she would have to "check the CCTV and call me back". I never received a call back but a couple of days later noticed the money had been refunded.

I would say definitely stay there as it is good value for money and an excellent location, but just be careful that you do not get charged for anything that you don't have!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely shocking !! The staff especially the female receptionist !! She needs to maybe retrain in customer service before she actually was shouting at me and using rude language they had stole money from my bank account and would not refund it and I had to get my bank to return it as I reported it as fraud ! The manager was no help at all not even smartly dresses in a Tshirt and pair of jeans and from a big hotel I would not of expected this leave of amateurity. They was walking away back into their office midway through our conversation as they did not like what I had to say I highly recommend people DON'T stay here and I will be informing the local newspaper !!! Shocking.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jodie M

Travelers are raving about these Hastings hotels