“Fantastic restaurant and staff”

Two Bulls Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A large and airy dining room in this beautiful former landmark pub with an open kitchen and very informal service is a great place to relax and enjoy a good steak. You can see the dry aging beef on display and you can see the genuine charcoal grill at work on your steak. This is definitely not fine dining but what you do get is rustic, simple, homemade food with strong natural flavours.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic restaurant and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have just had my mums 80th birthday here at the Two Bulls Steakhouse. I cannot fault this restaurant and especially the fantastic staff. I live in Australia and booked all the arrangements via Australia prior to arriving in the UK and they made this so easy for me. I dropped the cake off the day before the meal, they decorated the table for me. Allowed my friends to enter early to attach balloons etc that they had arranged. The staff even called me in Australia to ensure that the booking was to my request. I think that they are fantastic and highly recommend them. I will definitely be back to eat here again as the food was fantastic too. Thankyou very much all the staff of the Two Bulls Restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank harbourbridge_13

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My partner and I have eaten at The Two Bulls on two occasions since moving to the area.
On both visits the food has been of a high standard.
Steaks are tasty and cooked to perfection, with a simple side of chunky chips and salad.
Desserts are to die for - try the raspberry cheesecake or the peanut banoffee cake!

Food is a tad on the pricey side, but we are always happy to pay that extra for quality.

The only thing I could call fault on was that the first time we ate here, we booked a table for the first sitting rather than the second and we felt a bit rushed along by the waitresses.
So would recommend booking for the second sitting as the staff wont be worrying about trying to get another sitting in after you!

A restaurant with consistently high quality food, simple unpretentious decor and friendly staff.
We will be coming back!

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Expensive, not great service but nice food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went here with friends, on the whole the food was nice but we found it really expensive (£26 for a steak) and you don't get many chips although the ones we got were tasty, we found the service a bit lacking a waitress cleared our plates, gave us a pudding menu and gave us less than a minute before asking what we wanted, We asked for a couple more minutes, over 30 minutes later, no one had come back and we had to ask a waitress to come and take our order. Another note if you don't like steak the menu is really limited unlike other places which offer burgers or things like gammon steaks.

2 Thank Hastleon
“GREAT RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have eaten at the 2 Bulls a few times - I LOVE steak and often eat it in the UK and abroad. The quality of the meat is excellent; the steak seasoning is really delicious and so the crust of the steak is just outstanding. Chips also hand cut and prepared with real care. the other part of the equation is the customer service - the staff have always been attentive and really friendly. The restaurant is small; the food is blinding and the staff are lovely thus it's damn busy. They do need to stick to timings and so it is possible that the staff - as charmingly as they can - will invite you to pay and move on. If you are a delicate flower you might take this personally but honestly, its just so more people can enjoy this brilliant Hastings restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not great!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Having recently moved to Sussex,Me and my Wife drove down to hastings to visit Family,decided on the two bulls for dinner,Steaks were O.k.Drinks menu lacking,Were told to LEAVE! by waiter saying we had stayed our reservation,Very strange.Prices Greedy,won't be returning.

4 Thank Gareth T