“Delicious”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Excellent take-away food that was delicious. They took a little longer than expected to deliver the food but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Oh dear. We've just moved to the area and, having heard good things about this local restaurant from someone who had visited it some time ago, we decided to give it a try on a cold weekday evening.

The restaurant itself has wonderfully kitsch decor and despite not getting a particularly warm welcome (we had to go to the hotel reception desk to get attention) once seated we were cosy at a nice table and enjoying the over-the-top surroundings. Service was good, the waitress brought us menus quickly, took our food order and brought a nice bottle of red. So far, so good.

I have nothing else good to say, sadly. Our starters were truly dismal. Vegetable spring rolls were greasy and worse than anything I've ever had out of a supermarket freezer cabinet. Crispy won tons appeared to have been heated up several times over so that the crispy bit was completely inedible and the unidentifiable filling was hard and dry. My main of sizzling chicken with ginger and spring onion appeared to comprise re-formed chicken, a gloopy kind of packet gravy and very little else. The meat was the cheapest kind of chicken and I've not encountered anything quite so disgusting since school dinners. I couldn't eat more than two mouthfuls - and the second was only to check that the first was actually as revolting as it seemed. Luckily, my partner had ordered a tofu dish which, whilst not exactly delicious, was at least edible, so we shared it. I told the waitress that I'd been unable to eat my meal. She shrugged as if to say, yeah, well, that is the usual response. No offer to take it off the bill. We paid for it, naturally (we're British!) but vowed never to eat there again and to put a review up to here to warn others.

We weren't expecting fine dining by any means: we were hungry and just wanted something tasty. We were hoping that we would find a local restaurant that we would be able to visit regularly. I still feel a little queasy thinking about that chicken......

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Discovered this gem of a restaurant and we now use it regularly for takeaways. Always well cooked and presented, usually very prompt delivery.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Food is great, they are very polite and courteous. I often have a takeaway from here as the selection on the menu is what you would expect from any Chinese restaurant and the price is good also.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Have been here twice in recent months as mum lives nearby. Have had the Sunday eat as much as you like deal on both occasions.Basically you can order whatever you like off a Sunday menu, and have as many dishes as you like. Processor it probably works out the same as a buffet but the food is cooked to order. (Desserts not included)
On the first occasion the food was great and service good, if a bit scatty. They did seem keener on giving us their choices off the menu rather than letting us choose, and the menu was whisked away , but we did all enjoy our food.
Second occasion this Sunday , not as good. They had no note of our booking, luckily we still got a table for two.Having learnt from my last visit, I hung onto the menu, which they seemed a bit put out about. T he food was generally good, if not particularly exciting. However when I bit into my salt and pepper ribs , they were hot on the outside but still chilled on the inside,yuk. Pointed this out to our server who replaced them for slightly warmer ones.
Plus points, the Chinese decor inside is fab, and they are good with children. The food comes out pretty promptly.(Puds are of the prepacked ice cream type. )The fortune cookies went down well with my daughter.
So....go make up your own mind...I'd probably go again if I was in the area.