“Great for a cheap lunch deal and good in the evening too.”

ADA-Turkish Barbeque & Meze Bar
Ranked #120 of 366 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Barbecue and meze bar.
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Great for a cheap lunch deal and good in the evening too.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My Wife and I have been there at least 7 or 8 times, only one time in the (evening with friends) and will often pop in for a lunch when in the town centre.

They do (or did) a great lunch deal for a little under £6.00 consisting of a starter and an ample main. The starter is a paired down version of the full menu versions (going by what we ordered when visiting one evening and had the full menu) nice light bites, but the mains, generally a choice of 6, are where the real value lies, and we pretty much tried them all although they do change quite often. The cheap meal deal came with bread too.

Drinks prices are as you would expect for a Meze bar/BBQ-restaurant; they weren't too bad at all. Service is polite and it can get busy however we have never encountered any problems during those periods.

All in all, good stuff and as I say, the meal deal is enough for the 5* rating for us.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Stu_Giles

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Sub-standard food and service on the night we went!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We'd been to Ada before, in fact when it first opened, and had a reasonable meal at a reasonable price, so as they'd kindly given us a voucher to return we suggested to friends that they join us.
Our friends ordered grilled Tiger Prawns as a main course and we ordered a lamb casserole which I had on my last visit. There was no sign of the chef we'd seen before at the grill area so I did wonder how the prawns were going to be grilled. When the food arrived the prawns were rock hard and almost impossible to peel. Our guest tried to peel to of them, gave up and called the waiter. She's a chef herself and suggested to the waiter that these prawns were frozen and grilled earlier and then microwaved. The waiter would not accept what she had to say but said he would get her another portion. When he returned the new portion had two prawns less, allowing for the fact that she had tried to eat two of the first portion. This new portion looked burnt and so she gave up. My lamb was almost as disapointing as the bits of meat were so small this time round and not very plentiful. We paid the bill, refusing to pay for one portion of the prawns that we'd sent back twice. The waiter fought his corner and would not admit they had used a microwave...but couldn't produce any fresh prawns when asked. No apology, no satisfaction, just a bad experience. Won't go back!

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“value for money”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

by chance I stumbled onto this turkish restaurant. interesting food and even more interesting prices. 5.95 for 2 courses and the food is more than tasty and the services wonderful. by accident I ordered the wrong food and they changed it immediatly without the slightest hesitation. . It's a try menu and by that I mean I will go back until I have tried everything.
the room is spacious and well decorated and it was a pleasure to eat there. try it.

• Visited August 2012
Gravesend
“Nice food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

the food was supurb, the waiters were friendly, and the price was reasonable, thought i would try turkish food to see if i liked before i went on holiday to turkey. recommend it

Visited July 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal here. The cacik and Ezme were particularly tasty and the fresh warm bread was so good we had to ask for more. I shared the duck pancakes with my daughter and they were delicious as was the accompanying salad and bulgar wheat. We tried the chef's surprise for dessert, which was a kind of turkish cancy floss. It was a little sweet for me but certainly a conversation piece. Overall I thought this restaurant was very good value and the service was fast, efficient and friendly.

Visited July 2012