“All round best place in Hastings!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Market - CLOSED

Black Market
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Black market is a brand new and exciting restaurant & bar based in the heart of the old town of Hastings.Providing quality and affordable food from sizzling grilled Persian kebabs & stews, burgers, to hand made pizzas & local fish! With our huge licensed bar, cocktail bar and pool table, there is plenty to get involved with at the Black market!
“All round best place in Hastings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ok, I'll be honest, knowing the owner and his family, my review may seem biased, but still, I have eaten here so technically I am aloud to write a review ;)

Not being able to eat out as much as I would like to, I am quite selective on where I go. After finding out that a friend of mine was running this place, me and a few friends set a date.

We were met with friendly welcome from the staff and sat by a nice open fire. The staff were incredibly attentative and all made us feel like we we're their most important guest.

The menu's were brought out and were nice and inovative cubes with different cuisines on each side if the cubes. This, like the decor was something new and fresh and great to see.

We were greeted by the manager who spent some time with us ensuring everything was ok. A nice touch.

The food looked great when it came out, generous portions and nicely presented, most importantly, it was hot! I mean red hot! There is nothing worse for me than getting a meal and it being cold.

We all enjoyed the whole evening, we went early on a Sat (6.30) so it was a bit quieter than usuall but it got busier later. The food was priced right for what we had and I'll definitely be going back again.

Thank you to Caivan and everyone at thr Black Market.

Hastings, United Kingdom
“day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The fish platter i had was good for the money it was juicey and well cooked
you could tell it was fresh fish not frozen, it included white bait ,scampi,prawns,calamari, chips and salad with tartare sauce.
my husband had mixed kebab with rice which was moist and succulent

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hastings, United Kingdom
“WOW fab freshly cooked food affordable prices all tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

WOW fab new restaurant down old town, 4 adults 4 kids all different taste buds catered for. All kids had adult meals in the end, and was very reasonably priced.
Nice to find a pub restaurant not in a chain, that serves nice food instead if the same menu all over England that chain pubs serve. Definitely going back, definitely recommend A++++++++

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food was good and well priced. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Gets a bit busier and louder as the evening gets on but made for a good atmosphere. The building is well decorated and themed. Would visit again.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Decided to try it for myself and discover what all the hype was about and i was definitely not disappointed! Service was brilliant and the food was absolutely gorgeous. It was that good that i decided to book a table for my birthday for a whole group of people and this was no problem at all, as some places in Hastings cant seem to cope with big bookings. Next time your in town, give it a try for yourself

• Visited December 2012