“amazing fish and chips” 5 of 5 bubbles

Life Boat Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 351 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bromley, United Kingdom
“amazing fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

since my parents moved to hastings a few years ago we decided to try the different fish places on offer and have to say this is def the best!the fish is always freshly cooked to perfection the chips are lovely!!Amazing large portion of fish!the place always has a queue of people and u no y!!!cant fault the place to eat in or out!!perfection by the sea xx

• Visited March 2013

UK
“Awful! ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Only kidding, as it would be best to keep it a secret and keep the queue down! The the most consistently good chippie on the seafront. As a takeaway - excellent. Not much room to eat in, but if you do manage to get a seat, a great service in my experience. And one fish portion could feed a family!

• Visited January 2013
Hastings, United Kingdom
“The best Fish and Chip shop ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I have always used The Lifeboat for fish and chips. Living in Hastings there is a large selection but only one place to go!!
The 10 years or so that I've got my take out from here I have never been disappointed. The portions are generous. I've tried different types of fish and they are always cooked to perfection. As are the chips.
Service couldn't be better. Even if I arrive close to closing time and they are getting ready to shut up shop they always fry from scratch.
Not only is it the best in Hastings, it's the best in the UK!!!

sheerness
“BEST FISH & CHIPS WEVE EVER HAD !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife & I travel from the Isle of Sheppey to Hastings especially to have fish & chips in The Lifeboat, it is fairly small but the fish is HUGE !! the staff are all extremely friendly & make you feel most welcome, I always have cod & chips, bread & butter a cup of there smashing tea & a can of coke served in a nice glass, we have been going there for years now weve just come back from a visit there & it was delicious as usual !! Barry & Lin Chessell.

• Visited February 2013
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not much to look at from the outside but I never let things like that bother me, so I went in and had cod and chips in the restaurant. I can't believe the size of their fish I don't know how they do it! I mean there fish is big enough for two! The waitress was lovely as were the other staff but I only spoke to the waitress. I will definaty be coming here when ever I visit. Thanks lifeboat restaurant. Xx