“Excellent”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited for the first time in May. What a lovely place. I liked the limited menu choice with 4 or 5 of each of starters and mains - all sounded delicious and the three if us made different choices, all excellent. Service was good, the place was very busy. I especially liked the dessert choices as I'm not overly fond of Thai style desserts so opted for a lovely lemon meringue pie. Being a BYO the prices were very reasonable. Looking forward to going back!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a find, really quirky little place, sitting surrounded by books, eating Thai food.
Host and hostess were delightful and the food was full of flavour.
Would recommend this place, take your own wine and pre book table.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had been recommended this restaurant by a variety of people during our stay in Hastings, so decided to give it a go, though had been pre-warned about a cantankerous owner. Firstly, he wasn't cantankerous at all, just rather dry and one was never sure if he was joking or not.

The atmosphere is impossible to describe in this quirky restaurant. Imagine being sat in wicker arm chairs at a metal desk, with second hand books and shelves looming everywhere, and the smell of Thai curry appearing to be coming from every page of every book.

Be warned, no alcohol is served, so bring a bottle or two, glasses are provided.

I was a little wary once I had viewed the menu, as it was extremely limited and there didn't appear to be much difference in the dishes. After a LONG LONG wait for food, it arrived, and it was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! Thai green curry was just the right amount of spice, lovely jasmine rice, crispy home made spring rolls. My partner had a tiger prawn and ginger tomato dish invented by the cook that night which was also lovely.

Because the food was so delicious, the atmosphere so entertaining, and the cantankerous owner was coming out with loud one line gems every so often, we didn't mind the wait at all.

Definitely need to book a table in advance. I strongly recommend, if only for the experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I feel really bad that I’m not going to write a favourable review here, whereas everybody else on Trip Advisor seems loves this place and have nothing bad to say about it but I feel that I didn’t have such a great experience here.

This would be the second time I’ve been to the Broadway boulevard, the last time was six years ago, and on that occasion everything seemed to go well but last Friday my wife and I booked a table as my brother in law was coming down and we wanted something a little different so I recommended the Broadway boulevard based on the last time I visited.

We booked our table for four at 8:30pm so we could have a meal out and then go out for drinks around Hastings. We arrived at our table at 8:30pm we ordered and received our starter at around 9pm and this is where it all went wrong, we received our main meal at 10:35pm by which time we were really fed up and bored frankly. we all inhaled our dinner and left so we could get on with our evening.

Again can’t fault the food or the atmosphere but after this experiences my wife has vowed never to go there again. The service was pretty terrible and the waiting time was completely unacceptable. Sorry Broadway Boulevard but I think the real problem is you have too many tables and only one cook.

1  Thank ALTL1971
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've been a few times and have always had a fabulous meal. The food is fresh and excellent and the atmosphere fun. Being a BYO adds to the whole package.