“Second visit, not disappointed.”
Review of Cafe Maroc

Cafe Maroc
Ranked #35 of 388 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was my second outing to Cafe Maroc and this time we sat in the cafe side rather than the shop (this pleased my husband as it avoided me going home with jewellery I had spotted whilst eating!), I went with girlfriends for a long overdue catch-up. Service by the young lady whose name I unfortunately didn't catch, was very friendly. It was busy and she did apologise for not paying us as much attention as she would have liked, however to us it was perfect - it gave us time to eat in an unhurried fashion whilst having a good chat. Two of us had harissa prawns to start - delicious - and the other had a kebab dish, followed by chicken and spinach, and lamb and almond tagines. Both were spot on. My friends had dessert, I was full and that plus a soft drink and service came in at a little over £20 each. What a bargain.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My partner and our friends visited cafe maroc for an early dinner before the theatre and had a truly incredible dinner date. The service was excellent and we were looked after well. The food impeccable,my friend said it was the best lamb she'd ever eaten! We all had a selection of the tajine meals and were not disappointed. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we can't wait to go back. Fabulous service,fabulous food and generally and fabulous evening.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were taken by friends who built up our expectations all the way there to this extraordinary restaurant . On arrival it is somewhat unprepossesing being comfortably small and part of a shop in the Old Town. However the welcome could not have been warmer, I assume by the owner, and he gave us a full description of all the options on offer which were as the name of the restaurant suggests north African in origin. Not a large menu but a wide variety of courses to suit nearly all tastes. All the food is freshly prepared and the aromas were making our mouths water in anticipation. To start we shared a mezze which was fresh, delicious and ample. Main courses were tagines for all of us we could not fault the tenderness of the meats, the seasoning or the quality of the cous cous. Brilliant! Desserts were traditional and also delicious.

Overall a very enjoyable meal, but please do not expect linen tablecloths, silver service and a huge choice. No licence so they charge corkage, just like the original bistros, but including really friendly and helpful staff and good well prepared food..

1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Have enjoyed each visit here, really pleasant surroundings too, normally havea table in the shop, which is fun too. Last time we tried their take on Shakshuka and it was absolutely delicious! I normally always like to start with either olives and pitta or their homemade hummous, really hearty and wholesome. Even better you can take your own wine along, so the cost of the evening never breaks the bank and always very friendly welcoming service.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Introduction to this restaurant was perfect. Friendly and welcoming.
A relaxing amount of time to chose our order; a good range on the menu. Each dish was carefully explained and all sounded great. A difficult choice but eventually we decided on our starters and mains.

Both courses were very good for all of us. The fish choices especially so. Mind you do follow the advice when the 'temperature' of the food is described...if you want mild, do go for mild...not medium.

Deserts were great. You could have more than one.

A good evening all round.

1  Thank mallindine