“Can't believe it after reading reviews!”
Review of Undercliffe House

Undercliffe House
Reserve with OpenTable
Undercliffe House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 383 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: French, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Far from the madding crowd, under the cliff at the car park end of rock-a-nore road. we are known for our top quality fresh food at reasonable prices. dog & child friendly and fully licensed. free parking available nearby after 6pm.
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Really, really slow service, but we were persuaded to hang around by previous ta reviews.

What a horrible mistake. We waited for ages despite the place being nearly empty, it was so noisy at 20% capacity, I hate to think what its like when full.

The prices seemed a little high but we saw this as reassurance of the quality, turns out it was just standard and nothing more, my meal was incomplete.

The worst thing was that there was a family intent on ignoring their screaming child the entire time we were there. I don't see this as the manager/owner's responsibility per se but the comfort and dining experience of his customers is. We were not comfortable and had a thoroughly poor dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Undercliffe House

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Day trip to hastings and stoped for some lunch, the burgers are lush! And the hot chocolate with the cream and marshmellows is deffenatly a must have! The sevice is amazing and very friendly! Deff will be back! 5 stars!!

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Frendly stmosphere ,wunderful service n delicious fresh fish. We will definitely come back here.

Andy, runs d place, is definitely a great guy n offers good hospitality..

Anyone makin a trip to hastings shall make this restaurant as a must check-in. Cheerzz

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We wanted to visit the aquarium and were unfortunately a half hour too early. The undercliffe house was not now open, but we asked through a open window of the restaurant, if we might get a coffee and noticed the advertising for Swiss mövenpick icecream.

We received a warm welcome from the owner and were surprised to get a real good coffee made from fresh beans. This is not usual in England. We also asked why he has Swiss icecream and were told that quality matters.

We came later back for lunch and tried the greek burger and fish and chips. The owner went down to the fishermen's shop to get freshly caught fish. The kitchen was very clean and the food made out of fresh ingredients. It also tasted very good and the price-quality relation was excellent. We will surely go again there.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I first had a quick look at the menu when looking for a quick bite to eat and my first thought was that it was a little expensive. Then a plate of food went passed me on the way to a diner which looked delicious. This change my mind so I decided then that i would come back another day when not so rushed to try the food.
My brother and I decided to have a breakfast
It was great value and The Best breakfast i have had! My brother who is fussier than me when it comes to food was full of compliments for his food too.
It was perfectly cooked and presented by the owner Andy who take's great care and pride in his food.
It was so good i have been back and taken my family here.
Andy makes you feel welcome and looked after and creates a great atmospere.
I can't recomend this place enough if you havn't been you should try it and be as impressed as me.