Tripadvisor
Hastings
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews tracey anne honesty bar walled garden attention to detail hastings old town homemade biscuits roll top bath breakfast was delicious hand painted walls locally sourced ingredients fabulous place to stay coffee and cake warm welcome wet room open fire boutique hotel rooms are beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay at The Old Rectory so much, I really can't recommend it enough. I got a warm welcome with a cup of tea and a slice of cake. The room was clean and cosy. The breakfast was delicious too. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking to be cosseted and need to recharge for a couple of days by the sea then this is the place for you. A lovely old rectory with tastefully contemporary decor, delicious two course breakfasts and a wonderful chilled atmosphere. I visited for a pre-Christmas break and meet-up with friends. Everything was perfect and I shall return. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2019

I've just spent the weekend at this wonderful bed and breakfast in Hastings, and am absolutely blown away!

Susie and Tina, the managers, made me feel welcome upon arrival and for the whole duration of my stay. Their hospitality and genuine warmth made for a wonderful weekend. The hotel itself is breathtakingly beautiful, with a spacious but cozy feeling lounge with real log fire which was a welcome retreat on a cold winter's night. The gardens are absolutely stunning, and made me long to return in the summer months to fully appreciate them.

The room I stayed in was beautifully decorated, with a clear attention to detail. I had 2 of the best nights sleep ever! The breakfast was to die for, the bacon being cured in house, along with the sausages and homemade baked beans which were divine! The staff gave the impression that they truly loved where they worked, and it showed on their smiling faces. Nothing was too much to ask. I cannot fault the level of service.

I would seriously recommend The Old Rectory to anyone thinking of treating themselves to a boutique bed and breakfast experience in Hastings.

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

By far one of the best bed & breakfast establishments I’ve ever had the pleasure to stay in. Attention to detail is clearly a priority here. Tina and Susie and the rest of the staff were warm and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Rob the chef made a superb breakfast. High quality produce, freshly prepared and stunningly presented. Coupled with the kind of service you would expect in a high class hotel, this boutique B&B has got to be up there with the best of them.
I was lucky enough to be able to squeeze in a treatment with Lucy in their treatment rooms. Wow, what an unexpected gem, tranquil, calming and unique in every way, it’s an added delight to this already above par guest house.
The quality of every single item is outstanding. From bedding to bath towels, toiletries to tea bags nothing has been missed. If you want a one in a million experience in a charming setting complete with gorgeous hosts then you won’t go wrong here. I’m hooked and I’ll be going back time and again. Well done The Old Rectory. Superb.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2019

Wow! Easily the loveliest bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. Warm and attentive staff, beautiful and classy decor, and a breakfast to die for. The Crown room is something else - that bath!!! We were so well looked after by the lovely Tina and Susie and their fabulous team. A perfect retreat for a relaxing getaway - very highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple