“friendly and good food”

Webbe's Rock-a-Nore
Reserve with OpenTable
Webbe's Rock-a-Nore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 383 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The standard of food was excellent and can be seen being prepared in the open kitchen also good value

There are newer reviews for Webbe's Rock-a-Nore

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went on Mother's Day 2013. Staff very polite,very attentive without being overly so. I had the pork rillet & Mother the chicken-liver pate as starters, both of very good quality, especially with what appeared to be home-made bread. We both had the Panache of mixed fish main course which we both agreed was the very best we can remember having anywhere, not just n the U.K. All the fish were excellently cooked, but particularly well were the shellfish. Unfortuneately, neither of us had room for a desert, but I am sure would have been of the highest quality. If anyone is going into the restaurant trade or is wondering how to improve their reputation, take a good look at this one, it is one of the best antwhere!

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited for the first time last night for my husbands birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.The food was delicious and the service extremely good .we were particularly impressed by the 2 young waitress's .Our waiter was excellent and particularly good at anticipating our requirements . Can't wait to go again

1  Thank hilde503
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We took a couple of friends here for lunch as we have eaten at other Webbe's establishments before.
It was quite quiet this day, but nice as we were engrossed in conversation with our friends. Paul Webbe himself was cooking in the "see through kitchen", which is always nice to see.
I can't remember what my friends had (December after all), but I had the Steamed Panache of Fish in a saffron sauce which was delicious, and a great way to sample a variety of fish and shellfish.
There is a little language divide with the front of house gentlemen, as my friend is a coeliac, so it was important to know the ingredients, but we got over that.
Only gripe was it was quite cold in the restaurant as the air blower was chucking out air con type air bbbrrrrrrr! We kept our coats on a while as it wasn't possible to move.
Will return without hesitation.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Webbe's isn't strictly a "French restaurant" but the ambience, the style of service etc. felt very like good Northern French restaurants, and we enjoyed this very much. Initially Webbes looks like a fish restaurant, but there's plenty of meat and some veggie options too. The menu was long enough to provide plenty of choice, without overwhelming one. I like to see a special or dish of the day as a sign that the kitchen is still thinking, and keeping interested, but there weren't any; perhaps they change their menu fairly regularly/seasonally.
I admit that when i was looking at the menu the sight of the Michelin sticker on the door rather clinched it for me. I had a large plate of smoked fish - suggested as a sharing portion, but Himself did not want to share, so had to eat it myself (oh the misery!). He had rilettes, which were delicious, better than mine - so I clearly need to think about this when I next make them. He had a beef rib as a main course, I had a panache of steamed fish in a saffron sauce - which was delicious. I had been thinking about samphire, but the bed of spinach it was on was almost as nice. I could have done without the sculpted carrots and potato (steamy, wet taste, not necessary - more spinach and courgette would have been better). We couldn't manage a pudding, but they looked very good. All the details: coffee, bread, butter, olives were excellent, and the wine we drank, a Garganega was a splendid specimen of what can occasionally be a slightly insipid wine. I am only sorry that Webbe's is so far from home. Two courses each with a bottle and coffee for £65 seems very reasonable for such good food.