“wedding reception”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
bexhill angleterre
“wedding reception”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Last weekend was my nephew's wedding (at long last!) Had a great day and then the move to Bannatyne's in Hastings for the reception.
The grounds were great for the wedding photos - but when we got into the marquee for the reception it just kept getting better! The hotel had decorated the marquee - I think we had 80 there and that was more than comfortable, but the food was really something else! Starter of cheese and crostini I think which was really tasty (look out for the cooked baby plum tomatoes - if there's anyone on your table who doesn't like tomatoes offer to help then out - you won't regret this selfless act!) but main course - we thought it was a choice of chicken or beef. Wrong - everyone got both. Now, take things a step further - the chicken breast joint was so large I thought there wouldn't be a problem taking it off the bone. Wrong again - no bone, all meat and beautifully cooked (think how large it must have been!) and another great surprise was the veg - cooked radishes included. Sounds odd but try it - the cooking takes most of the heat away but leaves enough to give a pleasant "spark" - but so little that some thought they were baby turnips. Pud - chocolate something (don't normally eat puds but this was great) and the drinks were sensible prices too!
Spoke to my sister and she told me how well priced it all was too. Don't tell Bannatyne's though, they'll probably hike the prices - it's just a shame that the English weather means they can't keep the marquee up past Autumn.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I travelled with some friends for a birthday spa break. The staff were fantastic and very friendly and even though we were early for check in they chased our room and gave us all our robes to head down to the spa. We ordered lunch from the bar menu however we had to send it back as the chef hadn’t included the bacon, parmesan and Caesar salad dressing, however we soon received our correct lunch.

Ok you have to walk 200yrds to the gym & Spa and you may not want to walk down to it in your robe. It may not as luxurious as some Spa's but for the price its fantastic, plus the Elemis products are brilliant. The Spa itself was great however we decided not to overdo it and found that sitting in the outside jacuzzi’s a great relaxer – although a glass of champers would have made it even more perfect! The rellaxing room is heaven itself with tiled heated beds moulded to your body . We can certainly recommend the facial, nexk, back & shoulder massage and the new lava shell massages. I dont think the treatments are too expensive either i've paid more overseas!

Our room was a deluxe room overlooking the front entrance and was lovely and very spacious, a fridge would have been useful though and maybe plastic bottles as you cant take your complimentary bottles of water are glass cant be taken into the gym. We did have one issue we tried to call the spa from our room and the number wasnt on the room info and we called down to reception to ask about putting us through to them, after being placed on hold for about 5 minutes the girl came back on and said she couldn’t find the number and she was new so we would have to go down there ourselves... This was a little disappointing considering considering its a spa break and guests may want to call up and book treatments from their room directly.

At dinner that evening we had pre-booked the fantastic value £20 À la carte special offer. Wine at this hotel is very reasonable starting at only £15 per bottle. We had a few issues with the meal, the starter came out incorrect and 2 of us ordered the Both my friend and myself ordered steak, hers medium to well and mine was medium to rare. The chunky chips had definitely been cooked too long as they were rather dark in colour and our steaks were cooked exactly the same, great for my friend but not for me... we didn’t complain at the time, being British you dont like to, plus it would have meant sitting there whilst my friends ate their meal, Dessert was great through, although not a lot of cooking is involved in Eton Mess..

I was recommend getting a list of the gym's fitness program in case you wish to book any of the classes as we couldnt get in the yoga classes as priority goes to the members. We did manage to get into the pilates which was brilliant.

My birthday dinner in the hotel that night was the special’s menu at the hotel, this was delicious and excellent value at £11.95 for 3 courses per person.

On the positive side, I have mentioned it before and I will again, all the staff in the hotel are a total credit to the hotel with a special mention to Tom in the restaurant, the girl at the bar and also the reception manager (on crutches who broke his leg) who were all fantastic

Our bill was incorrect when we checked out however after pointing this out it was rectified whilst we were at the spa having our final pampering treatment. Slightly disappointed with the manicure I think I will stick to doing my nails myself in future. I know it sounds like I'm complaining but on the whole I had a fantastic time and will not hesitate to go back and to recommend it to clients and friends for girly breaks, romantic weekends or hen parties.

Worthing
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Had a really enjoyable two night stay at this hotel near Hastings. Although had to remind the young staff a couple of times on minor issues. the room we had was large, very clean and quiet.
Lovely, well maintained gardens to walk round.
Food was excellent on both nights in the hotel ( service was a little sluggish on the first night), and the breakfasts were of eqiually high quality.
I personally enjoyed the use of the gym facilities in the nearby Bennatyne leisure complex.
Overall a very pleasent relaxing time

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sidcup, Kent
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I would be happy to recommend this hotel to any of my friends, The grounds are superb the service is very good, staff helpful, the food is excellent value for money. For a real treat at a very reasonable price I think this hotel is hard to beat. The web site does not do the grounds justice as they really are beautifully maintained. The added bonus of the Spa and beauty treatments right next door make this a suitable getaway with either friends or a romantic treat for two.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Duncan Bannatyne should be really proud of this terrific Hotel & Spa from the Manager down to the ground staff , we could not have been treated better if we had been Royalty .
Food was excellent and such good value also having use of the Spa & Health Club during our stay was just the best experience.
Long may your chimney reek in the Bannatyne Hastings

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Happy in Kent
Reviewed June 3, 2010

A two day, one night, spa break at this hotel with 3 friends, we had a fantastic time. Food is great value, we chose the A-La-Carte menu, the food was varied, wonderfully presented and tasted as good as it looked.
The staff, although stretched at times, were very helpful and had a can do attitude.
The receiption area printed us off a history of the Country House to take away, and nothing seemed to much trouble.
The Spa area was clean and again the staff very helpful.
I had a fantastic back massarge and again the staff in the beauty salon were relaxed and helpful.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We spent 2 days at this hotel over the spring bank holiday. The first impressiions were favourable. It was set in beautiful grounds and were welcomed by a friendly receptionist.
However this friendly rerceptionist's reply to simple questions was almost totally incomprehensible.
But no matter our executive room was very nice. The bar area is a little spartan with no really comfortable seatinmg area and we were surprised that the spa area was accessed through a car park and was no more thjan a David Lloyd/Esporta type sports centre.
We had booked the half board upgrade at £20 pp which proved to be very good value.The food at dinner and breakfast was good although the breakfast buffet (for cereals, juice etc only) was somewhat spartan, the selection of meats and cheeses consisted of a dish of "Babybells" only.
Service was by young, clearly undertrained staff.
On our second day we went out, returning at about 3pm to find that our room had not been cleaned, according to one of the housekeeping staff it was not on her list and not her fault. When cleaning finally did take place no soap had been lefft and we were shocked to later find a horribly torn towel which no housekeeper should ever allow to be placed in any room.

Unfortunataly the weather was awful during our stay which did not help. This is a hotel which could be so good but we left feeling disappointed, the assistant manager to whom we spoke before we left was sympathetic but we got the impression that he would not take the matter any further. So rather a let down all round. Not terrible but we have no inclination to go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RICHARD S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Lansdowne
Lansdowne
#7 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!