“Wonderful”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A fine Georgian country house set in 38 acres of stunning gardens and woodland at Battle.

Despite the room not being ready at the scheduled check in time (a complimentary drink would've been appreciated!) our two day spa package was a real treat. Having been delayed, and spa treatments booked, I requested robes and towels be sent to the room asap and they arrived without delay.

The room itself was clean, tidy and comfortable - as were all areas of the hotel and spa. There was a lift to our floor, which made life a lot easier.

We drank cocktails in the modern bar and dined in the conservatory restaurant. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. So much so, we're considering a return visit during the forthcoming Christmas season. The breakfast was awesome :)

There is complimentary access to the Bannatyne's Health Club, situated in the grounds. We used the 20m pool, steam room and spa pool. our package included a facial and back massage, designed to indulge, detox and de-stress both men and women.

They even have a helicopter landing pad within the grounds - just in case Duncan fancies a visit no doubt!

There was a wedding at the hotel on the day of our arrival and so the gardens were full of wedding guests and the noise beneath our window, from the terrace below, at night (and into the early hours) was an issue. As were the empty beer cans, strewn all over the car park on arrival.

There is also a riding stables within the grounds - alas, I did not know this until it was too late!

Would we return? yes we most definitely would! :) x ...

Room Tip: No.25 overlooks the terrace and can be noisy if there is a wedding taking place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear, Pat H,

Thank you for placing your Wonderful comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you had a Wonderful Stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the clean, tidy and comfortable room, however disappointed there was a slight delay on the room being ready. I will pass on the kind comments regarding the delicious and reasonably priced food.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Jamieson Berriman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Poole
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was our last night of a 6 night vintage car tour and we had already stayed at some lovely places but this really was the icing on the cake. The staff there were so helpful. We weren't quite sure how noisy our room was going to be as there was a kitchen fan in the vicinity but the receptionist changed it without any fuss. There were 14 of us staying there and they gave us a private dining room which was really intimate. The food was definitely Michelin star standard and was excellent value for money. There was an offer of 3 courses for the price of 2. It is very quiet and in a lovely location not far from Battle. The Spa was very good. Definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room they are very accommodating (provided they have vacancies)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear, Velohead,

Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you titled your posting as “The icing on the cake”

I was very pleased, to hear that you enjoyed the private dinner in the boardroom commenting that the food was definitely Michelin Star standard and was great value for money.

Offshore
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Issues
- the décor is fading fast. Light grey and brown carpeting shows a lot of wear. The stairs from reception to upper level needed a good vacuum.
- bedroom carpet stains really showed - I asked for a couple to be tackled but no improvement.
- booked two superior rooms but they faced front and car park and were split up (is my daughters handicapped equipped room a superior room). One tablet of soap in the bathroom?
- my daughter was told (abruptly) breakfast was finished at 9.30 - this is a 4* and no food at 930.
- there was an empty beer bottle and plastic cup standing at the foot of an main entrance column: it was there Sunday night when we arrived and still there when we left Tuesday morning.
Frankly as a 4* Hotel its rubbish - nice grounds and looks good but as a Hotel...........however there is little choice in Hastings. I will never go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vinehall70
Dear, BWOverseas,

Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that you felt disappointed on this occasion and titled your posting in such a negative way.

Please note our maintenance teams are decorating the property constantly and we have had a lot of investment recently on the property, which did include some carpet renewal.

I have passed over your comments to the Head Housekeeper, who will review standards in the areas pointed out. I must apologies if you felt your daughter was told abruptly breakfast had finished. I will investigate further.

I am very pleased however that you enjoyed the nice grounds, and felt the hotel looked good.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We do hope you will change your opinion regarding the hotel so we can welcome you back very soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Our daughter got married to her partner on July 18th 2014.
Monica was amazing sorting the wedding out the last year, helping the girls to plan it. She made sure everything was in place. David the deputy manager, was lovely! And so helpful. He took over where Monica left off. The day was amazing! The grounds stunning. All of the staff were brilliant and very professional (yet not stuffy either haha). The meals were amazing! So compliments to the chef. And the rooms were gorgeous, and had everything we needed. Even ghd's in the room!! What a lovely touch! Jameson the manager moved tables about in the Montgomery suite, as mother of the bride, I was flapping a bit! I think he may have thought I was a little scatty, yet he still helped and tried to reassure me that everything was going to be ok. And it was. The wedding would not have been such a success without the amazing staff, all of them. Fantastic memories, will never forget. Just got to wait for our son to get married now! Haha. X

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Trish S
Dear, Trish S,

Thank you for placing your very kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you titled your posting a “Wonderful Place to have a wedding”

I am very pleased that the whole team worked hard to ensure that the day was a great success. I will pass on your comments, to our amazing team.

On behalf of myself and the amazing team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancée have been dealing with Bannatynes for the last 2 years organising our wedding. Mainly dealing with Monica, Marco and David. Our first point of contact was Monica who was always a pleasure to deal with and always made us feel at ease. She was always approachable and there was no such thing as an issue when dealing with her as she went out of her way to make sure our day was going to be great. On the day we had Marco and David who were an absolute pleasure to have around. Marco was always on hand to make sure we were having a good time and we had everything we needed. He was smiling all throughout the day and just a pleasure to have around. David was a great help on guiding us through our day and making sure we were happy with everything and providing great support on the day. The food was absolutely superb both taste and presentation. The grounds were incredible and I will happily be recommending this venue to as many people as I can. I am so happy with Monica, Marco and David for making a fairytale wedding for me and my new wife. We will be going back to show our wedding photos to Monica and her team. We cannot thank them enough and look forward to seeing them again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ali E
Dear, Ali E,

Thank you for placing your very kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you had a “Fairytale Wedding.”

I am very pleased that you commented on the work Monica and the team does to organise such an event, these comments are much appreciated and have been pass on directly.

Thank you also for the comments regarding the customer service experienced from Marco and David. In addition I have also passed over your comments to the Head Chef and his team regarding the food, which presented and tasted absolutely superb.

Surrey
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend just after the terrific storm. The lighting had managed to knock out the landline which meant that everything was cash only. In these circumstances the staff dealt with it really well and I hope that Duncan looks after them as they were using personal mobile phones to book taxis etc…etc. The rooms in the hotel are spacious and have everything you want apart from Sky Sports. The breakfast was all you need/want after a wedding the day/night/morning before!!
Unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to use the hotels spa/fitness facilities as we didn’t have time so cannot make any comment about them. However, I did overhear someone talking about them at breakfast and they seemed to be pleased.
Well done to all the staff, you were brilliant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear, TheCarrollsSurrey,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you had a good stay.

I am very pleased that you commented that the staff were all brilliant, we did try hard to ensure that there was minimal disruption to our guests. The situation regarding the telephone lines, was out of our control. However we appreciated the patience our guest showed, during the down time.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding for the weekend. The hotel is pretty, gardens are beautiful. A little isolated.
Rooms are nice (only some have AC, others are very warm in the heat), good shower and comfy bed.

Bar has limited selection and very expensive. Bar food was average, did not try the restaurant so can't comment on that.
Breakfast was very good with decent hot & cold selection. Service was ok, polite young staff, but perhaps needed a little more training and a good manager for guidance, but they were friendly with a smile which was nice.

Gym and spa was very good, can get very busy with local members but facilities were very good.

Wedding room was nice and spacious and everyone seemed happy.

Overall not a bad stay at all. A few improvements are needed to make it very good, I guess having the bannatyne name you expect more.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear, Scoobyhep,

Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you commented on our pretty hotel, gardens and rooms. Please note all our rooms either have full Air conditioning or a Fan.

We are delighted also that you enjoyed a very good breakfast and felt the service was ok.

Please be assured our developing, friendly team with a smile, are trained by our supervisors and managers to ensure good customer experience. This is often comment on positively.

Jamieson Berriman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
#6 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!