“Great relaxing stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
England
“Great relaxing stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here on a 2 night spa deal. Which was very relaxing.

Set on the outskirts of Hastings (about a 10min drive).

Staff were very welcoming and helpful on arrival which was very efficient.

We had a large, comfortable room which was very modern.

There was a large selection for breakfast - both cooked and uncooked. We also had dinner in the conservatory restaurant one night which was excellent - good portion sizes and locally sourced produce.

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds which the spa is located in. As short walk from the hotel.

The staff at the spa were excellent and very welcoming, there is also a gym, good sized swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzis - indoor and outdoor. The outdoor ones are particularly great. Did get busy but never crowded.

We had afternoon tea one afternoon which was superb and very filling - the bar area is very modern looking over the gardens.

Woudl definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K1000M
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear K1000M

Many thanks for your review following your stay in November and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.

I have discussed your feedback with both the hotel and spa team and they are all extremely grateful for your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Mark O’Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My daughter had her 5th birthday party at the hotel. We had the use of 2 adjoining rooms and were able to close the doors on the area we were going to serve the food so that the children were kept together for the entertainer could do their part. The staff were brilliant and really polite. The chef had done a wonderful spread and the children and parents alike enjoyed the food. All round a great afternoon.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Hev1410

It was a pleasure to host your daughter’s 5th birthday party in February and I am delighted that a good time was had by all in attendance.

I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is the second time my partner and I have stayed in this hotel and were very glad to see that it's high standards are a consistent feature.

As the hotel was quite quiet this time we were upgraded for free. The room was spacious and comfortable with an excellent bathroom with a choice of power shower or rain shower. The hotel itself is located within a picturesque park with a well maintained landscape garden. The Spa has plenty of facilities, the best of which is the two outdoor hot-tubs which were popular but never crowded. The Spa's holistic therapy area was tranquil and serene with well-mannered and well trained staff.

The greatest part of this hotel and spa experience has been the staff's approach to customer service. We have been to many Spa experiences before, but the staff at Bannatyne's went above and beyond. There are numerous small touches which made our stay more pleasant, such as the barman spending a good deal of time explaining the different wines on offer and allowing us to sample a number of them before settling on the right choice, a little gesture which made a big difference.

The conservatory restaurant offered food of exceptional quality, the majority of which was locally sourced and presented in good-sized portions. After our main course we asked the attentive waitress if we could take dessert up to our room. Without hesitation, she and the aforementioned barman brought our food and drinks up to our room.

We had such an exceptional experience overall and will be back very soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pierre D

Many thanks for your continued custom and I am delighted that your return visit was to the same high standard that you had experienced on your previous stay.

I have received many comments regarding the friendliness and professionalism of the team and I am delighted that they continue to excel in customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another exceptional experience.

Bexley, Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although the receptionist on arrival was a little haughty, once we were shown to our room we were overwhelmed by the facilities and decor of ou room. Beautiful and luxurious, although one of the best rooms in the hotel, it was worth every penny, so much that we didn't bother going out or dinner, opting for room service and a few glasses of wine, all of which were gorgeous. A touch of luxury that made me feel a million dollars. Thank you.

Room Tip: Pay more for more
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gina G

I am delighted to read that you were overwhelmed by our facilities and made to feel like a million dollars on your recent stay with us. I have noted your comment regarding the receptionist, and although this is not something often commented on, I have discussed this with my team to ensure we are giving the best of first impressions.

harrow
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a spa voucher weekend. The hotel is lovely , room was spacious, modern and clean. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The package included a 3 course meal which was excellent.The Spa / health club is across the carpark with all usual facilities including outdoor hot tubs. We had a half hour massage included ( which was ok , probably not long enough to truely relax and get any benefit but that was our choice ! ) Would definately book again.

Room Tip: stayed in a standard double room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Fab40th

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted to that you found the found the hotel to be lovely, spacious and clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future when perhaps you will be able to avail of one of our longer treatments.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mine and my friends experience at this hotel was excellent, partly because we arrived there unannounced and in desperate need of a room after leaving another nearby spa/hotel that was dreadful. The receptionist was very courteous and friendly when we descended on her last Friday, and checked us in while we warmed by the log fire. Our room, an executive twin, was lovely, very big with a great view of the fabulous grounds. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean and tastefully designed. My only negative comments are: no mini bar (probably a good job the mood we were in), the electric socket next To my bed didn't work, the panel on the side of the bath had slipped down.
The restaurant is lovely and the staff very friendly and efficient. The manager came to check we were happy with everything which we were. The only downside was that the menu is slightly limited, but we both enjoyed our meals and wine. Breakfast was really good too. The bar was spacious yet intimate with plenty of seating, and young but more than capable staff, who were amused to watch my friend and I 'enjoying' the wine. The bar food which we ate on the second night is better value than the restaurant food and just as good. I must say we didn't notice any lack of cleanliness in any area of the hotel but then compared to the dump we had just escaped from it was a palace.
The spa which we lazily drove to each day is 2 mins walk away and more of a sports club in as much as its strength is the excellent gym and good sized pool. Although the treatment rooms were lovely and the treatments fabulous with very attentive staff, the actual area around the pool is limited, so if like us you want to laze around on sun loungers reading and sipping refreshments forget it, there were only 2 loungers available and we nabbed them, much to the annoyance of everyone else who had to take it in turns to sit on 2 upright chairs. The hot tub indoors is massive and ferocious and the 2 outdoor ones great fun, lovely and warm. The sauna and steam rooms were good too. Changing rooms large and well equipped, although hair dryers not brilliant.
Overall a really good experience, if a little pricey, but made all the better by Duncan tweeting us while we were there :-)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Warnerfamily4
Dear Warnerfamily4

Many thanks for your fantastic review following your unexpected stay with us in January. I am delighted that we had the availability and that your spa break was an enjoyable experience despite the experience at your originally booked destination.

I have noted the comments regarding your bedroom and these minor issues have since been rectified. Although there are no mini-bars in our guest bedrooms, we do offer 24 hour room service and would have happily delivered whatever drink you required, no matter what the time was.

It was a pleasure to meet you both whilst you were dining in the Conservatory Restaurant and I do hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back for a spa break in the future.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I write with regard to our booking made for our Christmas party of what turned out to be approximately 52 on the evening of Friday 21 December.

I would like to congratulate and thank you on putting on a great evening of both entertainment and dinner.

Our party found the event to be most enjoyable. Finding all staff to be polite and helpful and this made the evening a great success on our part. I would like to make reference in particular to the DJ and bar staff along with the waiting staff, particularly a young lady named Ashleigh, who at all times were great at dealing with the vast number within our party and made the evening go without a hitch. I have had numerous positive comments from those which attended and I would be grateful if you could pass on our thanks and gratitude in this respect.

I would also like to mention the events team/booking staff they were most helpful and assisted in all aspects of the booking when alterations were made.

I would like to wish you all a happy new year and I thank you for making this years staff party the success it was and look forward to possibly booking with you again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andrea F

I was delighted to read your fantastic review following your attendance at one of our Christmas party nights in December.

I have passed on your kind words to the entire team including Ashleigh.

We have already started planning for Christmas 2013 and have already got some great entertainment confirmed.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another Christmas party night, if not sooner.

Mark O’Reilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Best Western Royal Victoria Hotel
Claverton Country House Hotel
Lansdowne
Lansdowne
#8 of 11 in Hastings

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!