“Honeymoon suite”

Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed there, amazing, massive room, wonderful staff, excellent food, beautiful grounds, just excellent. They were extremely helpful as e stayed for a couple of nights and the food, well, it was just brilliant. Thankyou.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Alex H

It was a pleasure to read your fantastic review following your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team and they are extremely grateful for the kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is a little gem on the south east coast of Hastings. My self and wife went for a 24 hour break just to relax and use the spa and stay over night. Its a great place to go with great staff and it was a good price. We loved it and shall go back again.

Room Tip: We had room 14 right at the end and out of the way
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear scottj

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay. I am delighted that you found your break to be relaxing and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I reviewed the Bannatyne Hotel & Spa Hastings back in March when I visited with my girlfriend for one night over my birthday weekend and we both agreed that we had such a lovely, relaxing time that we would have to return and stay for two nights before the year was out and we did exactly that. We came with high expectations from our previous stay and we were impressed yet again.

The General Manager, Mark O'Reilly, very kindly arranged to upgrade our booking to a deluxe room and it was spectacular. The bathroom was huge, with two sinks and a separate bath (with a TV embedded in the wall at one end!) and shower cubicle. Everything was clean and in excellent repair with nothing out of place. The bed was nice and big too, with an enormous Samsung TV that rose up out of a cabinet at the foot of the bed and swivelled round according to whether we wanted to watch TV from the sofa or the bed.

Mark also, true to his word, left us a little gift of some extra shower gel (try it, it says "invigorating" on the bottle and believe me it is!) that we had experienced on our first stay here. We felt like we were valued guests and we had really excellent service with a personal touch that made our stay special.

Aside from all this, everything was just as wonderful as we remembered it. The gardens are beautiful and we had a couple of games of giant chess while watching the occasional rabbit or squirrel hopping about. The pool, jacuzzi and outdoor hot tubs were lovely and relaxing and the food, both breakfast and dinner, in the conservatory was just as amazing as it was last time.

Even with our expectations having been set high the last time, we were not let down at all and we would happily recommend this place to anyone. In fact, I'm all for making it a regular thing, to visit at least once a year, although there are many other holidays we have yet to experience!

Room Tip: Room 31 is beautiful, huge and luxurious, with a massive TV that hides in a cabinet at the foot of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear geraintwd

Many thanks for your amazing review (again) following your 2nd visit to the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings. It was a pleasure to welcome you both back and I am delighted to hear that your high expectations were not let down.

I do hope your supply of shower gel is lasting and I will certainly contact you if this becomes available to purchase in larger dispensers, although, I understand that we are hoping to retail it on our website and in our spas in early 2013.

Consistency of standards and service is vitally important to a successful hotel and it is extremely encouraging that your meal and overall experience were once again impressive.

Once again, I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Only an overnight stay during a driving tour around Britain and chosen as we wanted to visit the Battle of Hastings site for historical interest. Hotel is set back off the road which was good for a quiet nights sleep and though, as one recent review said maybe needs a bit of a 'spruce up'...However, I too used the complimentary gym next door which was top class and there is a golf course right next door too had we had more time. Overall it was very nice and the breakfast situation in the conservatory was very impressive. The staff happily greeted us personally and were helpful with our enquiries. Couldn't find any reason for not staying here again should the need arise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear KevWolllongong

Many thanks for your review following your brief visit to the Hastings area in July. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our breakfast arrangements in the conservatory to be particularly impressive.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to the U.K and Hastings area.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at Bannatyne from the friday 21st to the sunday 23rd september 2012. What can i say!!! It was amazing from start to finish. we renewed our wedding vows on the saturday 22nd september. Monica was fantastic with the planning for the renewal. Everytime we had a problem, she dealt with it immediately and put our minds to rest! (I was very sressed! Lol!) We changed the table plan 3 times, due to change of guests.
On the actual day, Mark (the manager) was brilliant! he took all the worries away from me and my husband. Everything went smoothly, it was a beautiful sunny day. We had the lovely gardens to have our photos taken.
All the staff during the event were fabulous. Really lovely down to earth people, and very polite. Nothing was too much for them. Mark has a very good team there. Everyone said how fantastic it was, and quite a lot of our friends said they would definitely choose there for their weddings!
I would also like to say thank you to the chef and kitchen staff. The food was fantastic! everybody commented on how lovely it was.
Thank you to all of you that helped pack our bits up, and cleaned up after us.
Monica and Mark, I definitely recommend them. What lovely people, they really do go beyond their jobs. Its a day we will never forget.

Trish & Mark

Room Tip: we had the 'best room in the house', as it was a special event. Wow its amazing room, and ve...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Trish S

Many thanks for your amazing review following your wedding vows renewal in September. Both Monica and myself are extremely grateful for the kind words and would like to say that it was our pleasure and we are delighted that it was a day you will never forget.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had our wedding breakfast and evening reception at Bannatynes Hotel in Hastings on the 31st July 2012. It's taken me this long to write the review because I just can't find words which are strong enough to convey how wonderful the place and the staff are. Special mention to Monica Green who manages/co-ordinates events and Hannah Blackman, bar staff, both of whom made our day, and, the run up to it, the best time of our lives. The kindness they showed us, the hard work and thorough planning they put into our day was just incredible, they made us feel so welcome and so relaxed, we enjoyed the whole experience. The staff on the day were amazing - very friendly and worked incredibly hard, the food was more than we expected it to be. We had a tea party which matched everything we dreamt it would be. We cannot thank the staff at Bannatynes Hastings enough! Mr Bannatyne, once you’ve recovered (get well soon – best wishes to you) I suggest you give Monica and Hannah a personal thank you or at least a pay rise, they are the best staff in the town!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Emma-and-Kit

Many thanks for your wonderful review following your wedding celebrations with us in July. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable day and that the tea party was everything you dreamed it would be. I have relayed your messages of thanks and appreciation to Monica and Hannah and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hastings Hotel for two nights bed and breakfast. The hotel is looking tired and in need of refurbishment. The building itself is that of a country manor house set in private grounds. First impressions were of three ragged flags blowing in the wind and a heavily finger printed front door in need of re-painting. The reception area is spartan, however, we were dealt with quickly and efficiently by the reception staff.

The carpets and general paintwork need some attention. The room we had booked was of the general size we had expected, and whilst including bathrobes, slippers etc, reflected the general need for refurbishment previously noted. We were both a little disappointed!

There were a few deficiencies in the room, but the receptionist sorted them out very quickly once we had reported them. For example, a lampshade with no bulb and bathroom sink that needs unblocking, should have been dealt with before we occupied the room. This hotel needs some work on it's presentation.

We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but the setting is excellent. We did have a drink in the bar both evenings on our return, which we both enjoyed, at reasonable prices.

The breakfast was excellent, both in quality, service and its location in the conservatory. I have to say one of the highlights of our stay.

We also had complimentary access to the Bannatyne Leisure Centre adjacent to the hotel. We are regular gym users, and this facility is excellent. A wide range of equipment and very good spa facilities. The cafe in the Centre is excellent, as is the informative and welcoming staff on the Leisure Centre reception.

All in all an enjoyable break, but would wish some refurbishment to take place, before we would consider a return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richardsons-r-us

Dear Richardsons-r-us

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us in September. I am extremely grateful for the balanced feedback and would like to assure you that many of the points raised were being dealt with prior to your review being posted.

First impressions are extremely important and as such I have ordered 3 flags to replace the existing flags which you refer to. The painting and decorating of all public areas throughout the hotel is also in hand. I am delighted that our receptionist responded to the few room deficiencies but am sorry that these were not tended to prior to your arrival.

Along with making a good first impression, I feel that it is vital that breakfast meets the expectations of our guests as it is very often the last impression they get of the hotel. With this in mind, I am delighted that you found this to be a highlight of your stay.

I am glad to see that you made use of our extensive facilities in the health club.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when I am sure you will be satisfied with the remedial action taken since your last visit.

Mark O’Reilly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Royal Victoria Hotel
Travelodge Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
#6 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!