“Three days of total relaxation”

Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
London
“Three days of total relaxation”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spent three days here - one of the days lying on their double sunbeds sleeping in the sun in their beautiful surroundings. Undisturbed until the lunch arrived!
Excellent food, comfy beds and rooms, very friendly manager and staff asking if all OK and a large spa centre with a range of activities including two outdoor jacuzzi!!
We asked for a 'room with a view' and were rewarded with spectacular countryside views stretching to the sea and cliffs in the background.
Would suggest rooms need a dressing table and an upright chair for the desk.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Chris 108

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us in August. It would appear that you were lucky with the weather giving you the opportunity to relax in our beautiful gardens.

I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Mark O’Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Excellent way to relax - my sister took me along for a Spa Break - we did not know what to expect but it was just fantastic - serene atmosphere, beautiful grounds which are very well kept and the staff were great, so polite and very accomodating - I would recommend for any occassion but especially to relax.Food excellent in the restaurant and the Spa cafe. I cannot praise it enough.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the Gardens just beautifull
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 79Jennie
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear 79Jennie

Many thanks for your amazing review following your recent spa break with your sister. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff to be polite and very accommodating.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Weybridge, Surrey
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Positives - we booked a Grand Delux room and we had 2 z beds added for the kids. Quite often when hotels do this, there is hardly any space to move around the room. This room was very spacious, clean, recently decorated and modern. However, there wasn't one single draw in this room which I found very annoying. There were shelves in the wardrobe but I didn't really want all our undies and bits and pieces on shelves.
Negatives - when I go away, the breakfast is one of the highlights for me. I was so disappointed to find that it was only served in the conservatory restaurant which being a conservatory, is completely glass. There were blinds in one small section of the roof and no other blinds in the roof or on the windows. It was a hot and sunny morning so even at breakfast time, it was like a sauna in there (no air con but very good air con in the bedroom). I went up to the room to get my sunglasses but it was just unbearable. As we had kids, we didn't feel we could sit in the lounge inside as it had low tables so there was a fair chance we would have had rice crispies all over the place. I mentioned it to one of the waitresses and she said, how do you think we feel having to wear black! We had a quick and unpleasant breakfast and got out of there quick. I complained to the Duty Manager, Andrew, who handled my complaint very well and the next morning a table had been set up in the lounge for us which was perfect and all the staff were very helpful. However, I'm writing this to make sure that the senior management gets the message. I appreciate that not all summer mornings are as hot and bright as that one but if you are going to make a conservatory as your restaurant, install sufficient blinds to accomodate the sun! I really felt that this was done to save money as I know these blinds are expensive but Duncan Bannatyne should be ashamed of this. We had to ask for butter because the waitresses can't put it out as it melts on sunny mornings!
Finally, we enjoyed playing giant chess on the Sunday morning before we left the hotel but at 11.45am the lovely gardens were ruined by the empty glasses, champagne bottles and rubbish from the wedding the night before. Surely the hotel should clear this first thing each morning?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tiredparent

Many thanks for your constructive feedback following your recent stay at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings. I am delighted that you found your room to be spacious and clean. Your comment regarding the lack of drawers has been noted and I will ensure is passed on to my senior team.

I am sorry to hear of your experience with breakfast in our Conservatory Restaurant and would like to apologise for the comment made by a member of staff regarding her uniform. I can confirm that there is air conditioning in the Conservatory, however due to extreme temperatures and sun glare, it could not cool the room down. We are extremely grateful for all feedback received and I can assure you that your comments will be passed to the senior management team. Although it did not make up for your breakfast on the first day, I am delighted that Andrew handled your complaint very well and arranged for an alternative dining area for breakfast on the second morning.

I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place had everything we could have asked for - lovely modern hotel rooms, restaurant, amazing landscaped gardens with chill out furniture everywhere, spa, gym and classes.

The restaurant meals were on the small side, but breakfast cartainly makes up for it. The cafe at the spa was perfect for lunch too - so we didn't need to even leave the hotel at all! The bar area was great and we actually spent a whole night playing board games - sorry for the girlies giggles late into the night! ;-)

The staff were great, very helpful, especially the reception staff.

The spa out door pods were lovely and the treatment relaxation room, with heated beds were great. The massage wasn't bad either. We did a zumba class too and was the best zumba class I've actually done inages!

The hotel is in a great lcoation, close to the coast but without the seaside chavs!

Our double room was modern, spacious and had a good bathroom, with shower and bath. Others in our group, with twin rooms, only had showers. They were all clean and modern in their decor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ericaabikaram
Dear ericaabikaram

Many thanks for your amazing review following your recent spa break at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings.
I have noted your comment regarding the restaurant portion sizes and will discuss this with my Head Chef. I am glad that this did not deter from the overall enjoyment of your break and that you found time for board games and ‘girlie giggles’.

I am delighted that you found our staff to be very helpful and that the Zumba class was the best you have been to in ages.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Went for our anniversary for the weekend and had a lovely stay. Check in was good although had a few problems with the room keys not working twice, resulting in me having to go back to reception (we were on the 2nd floor!). Bar area is really nice and outside areas are gorgeous! Spa was excellent, recommend the outside hot tubs! Really relaxing! Breakfast lovely, if you go you won't be disappointed..

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt G

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay to celebrate your anniversary.

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay and found the spa facilities to be excellent. I have noted your comment regarding the room key and will look into this matter, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We decided in February 2012 to get married this year and thankfully Bannatyne's had a cancellation.

We met with the wedding cordinator Miss Glastonbury who was fantasic. We put a quotation together straight away to make sure all was in our budget and what we all needed to do to make sure the day went smoothly.

During the build up to the wedding Miss Glastonbury was exceptional with communication if she was out the office she would always return calls with in a few hours and was able to answer the questions raised very quickly.

On the day of the wedding the staff organised the main room layout exactually how we had instructed them to do so and this meant we could enjoy the day without worrying. The Montgomery Suite is perfect for wedding parties as it gives that personal touch although in a hotel it is positioned away from the main hotel its self and means you have that private element for you and your guests to enjoy.

The staff again were brilliant, serving hot food to all our 100 guests with out a hitch,

The hotel also provided a manager for the day who made sure the day ran smoothly. This also meant we had someone there at all times should any problems had arisen.

We would happily recomend this venue for your wedding day.

Nick and Sam

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nickstoney1123

Many thanks for your fantastic review following your wedding celebrations with us in June. I am delighted that you found our staff to be brilliant and Miss Glastonbury in particular ‘Exceptional’.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings.

With best wishes.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It is only now, just over a year after our wedding night spent at Bannatynes, that i feel able to write this review. We booked the hotel as it was extremely convenient - midway between my parents' home and Battle, where we were marrying. That, as it turned out, was the only good thing about it. We went and looked at the room (almost £200 for the night) a few months before our April 9th wedding and booked the so-called 'best room.' We arrived following our wedding (wearing wedding dress and tuxedo) to be greeted by a unsmiling receptionist who didn't even say congrats or anything, just asked if we wanted to pay the £1.50 upfront for our morning paper or wd we like it added to the bill in the morning! (No paper included in a £190/night or so room?) We went up to the room, no welcome touches or anything to make it special for a wedding night. I'm not asking for champagne or anything, just a note or something to make us feel that they realised we had picked the hotel in which to spend a very special night This was around 11pm. A baby was screaming in one of the adjacent rooms. This went on for an hour until my husband phoned reception to ask if anything could be done (could we move rooms). We were told they would try to stop the baby crying (!)...Suffice to say nothing happened. Next morning we went down to breakfast in the pretty conservatory bit. We ordered boiled eggs, they were like bullets, we asked for new ones, my husband's arrived but mine didn't, so i asked again, by the time it arrived (another bullet) my husband had finished his breakfast. the toast was cold, the waitress spoke no english and was unfriendly. We left feeling so so disappointed and regretful that we had picked Bannatynes (I used to stay there/eat there a lot before the hotel was 'bannatyned,'- think it was called beauport park - it was lovely. It was a blot on our wedding and all we are glad about is that we didnt pick to have our whole wedding there - the shiny yellow and red chairs and beatles images in the reception room put us off, although the wedding lady was helpful and friendly when we had a meeting in feb last year. I tried to put the whole experience out of my mind but it came back when we thought about where to spend our first anniversary (just passed) and we decided most definately not to spend it there. I was so upset by the whole experience, felt like such a money making exercise and no care or thought given atall to the fact that it was a special day for us. cathy lewis

Room Tip: We stayed in April 2011, not sept, but the options don't go back to april.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank cathyleighlewis
Dear Cathleighlewis

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay some 16 months ago. I am sorry to read of your disappointment and unfortunately am unable to comment on the events and actions of the team from April 2011.

Being the only 4 star rated hotel in the Hastings and Battle area, we pride ourselves (and are often praised) on our competitive pricing and high standards of service. It is common for a newspaper to be added to hotel bills regardless of the cost of the room as this is an additional expense to the hotel.

I can confirm that we were unable to make a gesture in your bedroom as we were unaware that it was in fact a wedding night. There was nothing on your reservation to indicate that you were a honeymoon couple.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the crying of a baby. It is difficult for us to control or stop this happening without causing upset or embarrassment to other guests.
We do have a loyal following of regular customers, many of whom have been visiting before and after the acquisition of the hotel by the Bannatyne Group. Many of these have commented on how happy they were with the investment that was needed in updating the property.
We welcome and encourage guest feedback and would have been happy to discuss your dissatisfaction earlier.

Mark O’Reilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Lansdowne
Lansdowne
#7 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!