“Great food, shame about the miserable front man”
Review of Aardvark Tea Room and Gallery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aardvark Tea Room and Gallery
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We've been twice to this cafe and both times had lovely food and great service from the chef, but the guy out front could not have been less welcoming and the second time he was just plain rude. I was told to 'stop playing with that please as they cost a lot of money' when using the salt and pepper shakers to do a counting game with my son. I was barely touching them, and if they're that expensive then why have it on the table in the first place?? Left a really bad taste in the mouth. His attitude was cold and very unwelcoming and he clearly has no time for anyone with kids. Strange attitude in these hard times as we won't be going back to be given the cold shoulder again.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Nice little cafe in a pleasant location. Locally-produced art on the walls adds to the authentic 50's/60's seaside feel of the place, further augmented by the subtle swing soundtrack. A delightful cream tea with feather-light scones, spicy fruit cake and a big brown teapot full of aromatic Early Grey. They also do a £6 lunch which we were too full for, but it sounded and (from what I could see...) looked yummy. Service was cordial, and the cook was delighted when we complimented his scones. We will be back, and would advise a visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2011

We arrived at the post office tea rooms, which is what the aardvark tea rooms are now known as and were not disappointed, a lovely warm welcome and great food, my husband had buttered kippers on toast and pronounced them delicious, I had their winter veg soup and organic bread which was absolutely lovely, we shared a very moist and really orangey, orange cake, overall it was a lovely lunch, served in a delightful little cafe which I would actually visit St Leonards for.

2  Thank kelvineStaines
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Small but perfectly formed, serves gluten free bread and cakes, and locally sourced produce

Reviewed May 6, 2009

I love their style of decor very original. The food and cakes are great but the crumpets are the best yum! If you on your own you can feel very welcomed and comfortable.