“Fab break at Gallery 53” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gallery 53

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Gallery 53
Ranked #21 of 49 Hastings B&B and Inns
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Fab break at Gallery 53”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is our second stay at Gallery 53 and we certainly intend on returning again. Jane and Dave are great hosts. Warm, welcoming and friendly. The room we had was clean and cozy with a fab en suite bathroom. Delicious breakfast served in the room too. The B&B is perfectly situated for site seeing, shopping and an array of restaurants. Really great value for money. Thanks Jane and Dave. See you again.x

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

A lovely luxurious stay. Wonderful hosts, great location, comfortable bed, luxury bathroom and delicious breakfast served in the room!

Excellent value for money and comes highly recommended for anyone looking for a picturesque escape from the rigours of the working week!

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of finding this absolutely delightful B&B run by two artists above their gallery. Dave and Jane are very warm and welcoming people and the room was very comfortable (especially the bed). The furnishings are lovely and the room we stayed in looked onto a garden and church right in the heart of the Old Town. Restaurants and beach are close by, and it's a very short walk to get into the new town (although we fell in love with the Old Town). The breakfast was delicious and served in our room at a time of our choosing which was lovely as we didn't feel we had to rush. So overall a perfect experience and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed overnight at the gallery. I booked over the phone a few days before, no upfront deposit or card details taken. I received a call on our arrival date to check we were still coming.
The room was pleasant but the ensuite had very little privacy as the door to it has frosted glass.
The bed was comfortable but our hosts had friends over and were chatting loudly over some wine in their living room on the same floor until 12pm. We were then woken by seagulls in the very early hours, not something that anything could be done about but don't expect to be able to avoid it - reading the guest book in our room this seems like a common recurrence some find quaint and some not. I was firmly in the latter category.
Breakfast was nice and served to you in your room at 8am due to a lack of dining space in the rest of the home.

This was our first trip to Hastings and I asked for a decent place for us to find oysters, our host wasn't able to direct us to anywhere other than a seafood restaurant we had walked past on the way up. We were given keys to the front door and could come and go as we pleased.

Overall an average B&B which imo doesn't seem to be the main business focus for the owners.

Room Tip: Our room was the one on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank James_T127
Jane E, Owner at Gallery 53, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello, I was really sad to discover that you were less than happy with your stay, if you had mentioned any problems whilst you were with us we would have been happy to discuss a happy outcome for you with a reduction as no guest should leave unhappy in any way, we aim to give everybody a perfect stay, my family were visiting that weekend and I apologise for the sound travelling. I am usually very sensitive to noise I may have thought you were still out for the evening.
I hope this response goes some way to smoothing over any downside to your view of our B&B, and if you would like to come again I would be happy to offer a discounted price.
Regards Jane Edmonds.
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If anybody wants a perfect stay in the old part of Hastings. Then Gallery 53 is the place to stay. The price is well worth the stay, and the breakfast is even better and you have a choice of what you fancy. Jane & David are perfect hosts and they make you really feel welcome as does George the Cat. You are not too far from the main attractions of Hastings and there are plenty of places to eat & drink. Myself and my family are already looking forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Jane & David are always there to help with any queries that you may have.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

After having the pleasure of spending 11 days with Jane and Dave, I flew home with such a warm and content feeling. I had the opportunity to stay in the garden flat which is a self contained flat for a week and the balance of my stay upstairs in a bedroom. Both units were very clean, bright, well equipped and comfortable. I must say when I come back I will look forward to the beautiful breakfasts of eggs, bacon and fried bread served with style and class by Jane. I will also look forward to the quaint atmosphere of staying in a true art gallery. The artwork is stunning and produced by both Jane and Dave.

Should you need a quiet getaway for a weekend or want an extended stay I can assure you, you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks to both for making me feel at home away from home...but I have one complaint...... I didn't want to leave :)

Room Tip: The garden flat is ideal for small families and couples.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Gallery 53 is a very nice accomodation to stay in Hastings.
Good position in old town area, close to the center and the beach.
Jane is a very kind in the hospitality.
I recommend it.