Tower House 1066
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Beachfront
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull english breakfastb bfour poster beddelicious cooked breakfastpretty gardenon arrivalbreakfast servicestreet parkingfeel very welcomelarge roomenjoyed my staynext morningtea and coffeefew minutes walkcomfortable bedlovely rooma lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Lovely building with fantastic gardens. Our romantic room was the last word, with the luxury en-suite corner bath down a private 'secret passageway' oak staircase! A real gem in the Hastings & St Leonards area.

Room Tip: Room 4 was great. Gardens, conservatory, romantic gazebo and terrace are a real highlight.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank charles r r
TH1066, Owner at Tower House 1066, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments Im so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Tower House 1066

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The owner Louise made special arrangements for us to arrive outside normal hours, and we found our room to be comfortable and well equipped (although, strangely, there were no water glasses and the pillows were a little hard.) The breakfast was very good, and freshly cooked. Tower House isn't a luxury hotel, but it does offer a homely atmosphere and good value for money. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenesaisfckall

Reviewed August 1, 2012

All seemed ok on arrival. The '24' hr bar was in fact a 'honesty' bar, but seeing as it only had 4 warm cans of light ale and one warm can of lager, well stocked it was not. Their was tea making facility's in the room, but no sugar or milk and the coffee had solidified. The showers were functional, but by no means impressive. The breakfast at an additional £7.50 per person seemed expensive and having read other reviews i'm glad i didn't bother with it.
Checking out went ok, albeit a little early.
24hrs after checking out i receive a phone call telling me that they are going to charge me £120 claiming that i had been smoking in the room and that they had had to refund 2 pairs of customers their room charges in full when i questioned this and asked for evidence/proof to back up this claim, i was sworn at by the 'manageress' (she would not give her name) and hung up on by the owner (Louise i believe).
You have been warned!!!!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank steve m
TH1066, Owner at Tower House 1066, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Guest
I have owned my business for 6 years. Whilst I appreciate your input here are the facts of the situation -

The Honesty bar is a 24hr bar, but as I explained to you when you arrived at 11pm at night, after booking two rooms only 10 min beforehand, the bar did not have much stock. I stated that you would be entitled to bring your own alcohol with you, which you duly did. So, the lack of stock was of no consequence to yourselves.

I am sorry that you didn't have any sugar,milk or coffee in your room, however, my mobile is on 24/7 and the welcome note in the guest rooms states that if you do need any thing to give me a call as I live in the property so Iam available 24/7.

I had a telephone conversation with you regarding smoking in your room, which you openly admitted to doing but tried to say you smoked out the window. Yes this was some 24 hours after you had left the premises, but the contact number I had for you went straight to voice mail initially. It took 24 hours for me to finally get hold of you.
During this conversation I explained that I would be charging you for the loss of the two rooms as per my terms and conditions on my website.
You then sent me a text message accusing me of scamming you. I then rang you. You then bombarded me with questions, demanding details of the complaining customers, which I cannot give out under data protection act. After some 30 minutes of going round and round in circles, my colleague also spoke to you, as she could see I was getting upset. She tried to explain the legalities to you and yes she did swear, but it was not 'at' you and she also apologised for doing so. Eventually, yes I did hang up on you because I felt that you were bullying me and would not listen to reason. You just kept telling me I was scamming you. On ending our conversation, I contacted the police and the environmental license officer as you had broken the law and endangered not only yourselves but the lives of my other guests.
Customer complaints and actions taken -
After airing and cleaning the rooms and all soft furnishings, when the new guests checked in I received one complaint from a guest about the stale smell of smoke, they suffer from asthma, and could not stay in the room, as I was full I had to move that guest into another room,for there inconvenience I refunded that guest one nights fee.The guest that stayed in that room that night I explained to them what had happened and as they were a regular guest they didnt object to the room smell.
The second guest complained to me the following morning on departure from the room that your friends had smoked in (although they denied the fact) , i recieved the same complaint, the stale smell of smoke,. I also refunded them for the one night they stayed.

There are no smoking signs at various places within the building and on the outside, which all clearly state that is is illegal to smoke on the premises and a fixed penalty fine of £50 will be imposed should this law be broken. This is not a new law it has been in force since July 2006. No smoking is permitted in any public places/buisnesses.

In the last 2 months I have had over 1000 guests through my doors and the last thing I want is for any of my guests to leave not having enjoyed their stay or endanger yourself or fellow guests.
Dont break the law and smoke in my business.

Louise Tester
Owner

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am not a fan of accommodation in residential areas - problems with parking and limited garden space for relaxing. The Tower promised an exceptional garden and good facilities. The hotel has some elegant features dressed in a beautiful decor. But time has faded the Tower's best aspects and a failure to maintain them detracts from the experience. We would not stay here again. We always want something better than average.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StanleyCharles54

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and feedback I m sorry you didnt feel that your expectations were meet and I welcome constructive critisism so I can improve the experience for future guests.
Best wishes
Louise

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just got back from a short weekend break around the Hastings area - my partner and I were looking for a reasonably priced B&B which is exactly what we got. The staff are very helpful and offer great advice of the local area, and can't do enough for you.
The room was OK and can't really complain with the price we paid - it was clean and comfortable. Parking was not an issue as there was plenty of free spaces right outside the hotel.
In terms of location we felt it was a bit too far out of the town - we wanted to head to Hastings each night and had to get a Taxi, I am sure we could have walked but it would have been a good 30 minute walk into town.
A great idea was the 'honesty bar' which allowed self service of drinks any time of day, there was not much choice but enough to keep you satisfied for a pre meal drink chilling out in the Garden or lounge area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback I am getting the bar restocked , whilst I do not have stock or If i run out of something then i am now suggesting to guests that they are welcome to bring there own drinks.
Best wishes