“Magnificent Attention to Detail”
Review of Black Rock House

Black Rock House
Ranked #16 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This B&B is one of the most comfortable, spacious and welcoming place ever! From the ground coffee, marvellous teas and italian biscuits in your room to rain showers and great quality breakfast, I would not be able to stay anywhere else if staying over in Hastings. This is the second time we stay here and look forward to coming back again! Thanks a lot, Yuliya and Co.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the first floor as they are very bright!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A very comfortable two night stay at a lovely B&B.
We arrived to a warm welcome with tea and cake.
The room was very well appointed, nicely decorated and spotlessly clean.
The breakfast was superb with plenty of choice.
I would recommend Black Rock House to anyone and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weekend at black rock house and it was absolutely lovely. From the moment I booked I was emailed with details of the area and they offered to book a restaurant for me. The rooms themselves are beautiful with lots of added extras. Shower in wet room was amazing. Breakfast very tasty, especially homemade granola. Only downsides was our wet room with no bathroom door made room very humid even with fan on and windows open. Also we stayed in braybrooke room downstairs and twice other guests wandered into our room. Other than that excellent stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this excellent B & B - extremely comfortable bed and beautifully soft Egyptian cotton bedding. Towels and bathrobes also pristine and wonderfully soft. Excellent quality complimentary toiletries, and first class tea and coffee in the room, the home made biscotti were a lovely touch. The room itself was beautifully furnished and the wet room rain shower and body sprays divine. Attention to detail was excellent. We stayed in Braybrooke which needed the lights on all the time as the blinds needed to be semi closed because there was no view but even this added to the ambience of the room. Breakfast was a feast for all the senses. We loved Old Hastings and this guest house was the 'cherry on the cake'.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just spent 3 nights here, stayed 2 years ago and wanted to see if it was just as good, it was .
The B and B is very central to where i wanted to visit relations, i had the lovely garden room.
Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LEN067
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My fiancé and I have just spent the weekend at Black Rock House, Hastings and were impressed with everythng. The breakfast is, without doubt, about the best I have ever eaten. The room was beautiful with excellent linen on the bed. The bathroom spotless and well appointed. As for the location, it is a short walk, albeit downhill, to the town and the beach. The plus side is that there is a lovely view of the sea from the bedroom window if you stay, as we did, in the Turret room. Parking is easy as there is plenty of space on the road outside with parking permits provided.
The welcome we recieved on arrival, with tea and cake, set the scene for an outstanding weekend break.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view, select either of the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eeyore9959
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have never written a review before, but felt compelled to share my thoughts about this truly faultless B and B. My husband and I spent 2 nights here in May. Our room and everywhere else was spotless, the bed fantastic, decor exquisite and breakfast one of the best I have ever eaten! My husband has often said I'm a harsh critic, but for the first time ever,I found this place absolutely faultless!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple