“A very pleasant evening”
Review of St Clement's

St Clement's
Ranked #23 of 394 Restaurants in Hastings
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are within a 5 minute walking distance of a rail link and bus stops.
Description: A gourmet haven in St Leonards on Sea, St Clement's serves artisanal delicacies sourced from the bountiful stocks of local suppliers. As well as achieving a prized Michelin Bib Gourmand in 2012, St Clement's enjoys mentions in The Good Food and Hardens guides, and praise comes from the king of fish and seafood cooking, Rick Stein. Seasonally changing dishes are served alongside a carefully selected stock of wines.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed a most pleasant evening here on Wednesday. Food excellent, good service and wine by the pichet- a bit too much wine was consumed in fact. We preceded the dinner with a couple of pints in the next door pub- to be recommended.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Lunch time menu reasonably priced, wine by the pichet, delicious food, service as quick or as slow as you require.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lovely food, nice staff, we took a look around St Leonards and this definitely seemed like the place to eat. Perhaps lacked a little ambience/music? But it was a Tuesday night.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have visited this restuarant on several occasions now, including at Christmas, and I have to say that I will not be going again - the food is no longer good enough and it simply isn't worth the money. The service is variable from excellent to average, the waiting time for food is variable and the food, which started off as very good can no longer be relied upon to be not burned, not undercooked or simply good enough. I have to say I have eaten well here but I can't rely on it...The last dessert I had there was frozen berries with a vanilla creme anglais. It was half a bowlful of frozen mixed berries with a very thin creme anglais - yes, that was how it was described, but yes, I did expect it to be a bit more than just that. My 4 year old niece could make that for under £1. The wine list is fine but pricey, although the house wine is good and the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed.

St Clements, you used to be the pride of St Leonards but I don't know anybody now who would think of going for a meal there now. So sad.....

3  Thank Gumweed
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were visiting St Leonards for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we booked to eat here on a Friday evening, and was so glad we did. The food was beautiful with excellent service from the staff. This is our second visit to St Clement's, we would definitely return again and would also recommend to other people.