“Beautiful food”

Ranked #20 of 387 Restaurants in Hastings
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are within a 5 minute walking distance of a rail link and bus stops.
Description: A gourmet haven in St Leonards on Sea, St Clement's serves artisanal delicacies sourced from the bountiful stocks of local suppliers. As well as achieving a prized Michelin Bib Gourmand in 2012, St Clement's enjoys mentions in The Good Food and Hardens guides, and praise comes from the king of fish and seafood cooking, Rick Stein. Seasonally changing dishes are served alongside a carefully selected stock of wines.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were visiting St Leonards for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we booked to eat here on a Friday evening, and was so glad we did. The food was beautiful with excellent service from the staff. This is our second visit to St Clement's, we would definitely return again and would also recommend to other people.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited St. Clements to sample their special lunch menu. We went for 3 courses for £18.50. This, in our opinion, represented excellent value for money! - All 3 courses were delicious (I had Thai Style Grey Mullet which was superb) - service excellent and the house white was fantastic value at £15. It was a bit deserted when we arrived at 1pm but filled up over the next hour - it was a Thursday lunchtime after all!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My brother and I had been looking forward to our visit to St. Clements but were finally most disappointed for a number of reasons. First, we were served five wafer-thin slices of baguette which obviously disappeared in a mouthful. When we ordered more bread, we received a further five slices marginally thicker and were ultimately charged £1.95! This was mean in the extreme. I protested but nothing was done about it. My brother had fish soup which he said was very good followed by the slow-cooked belly pork. The portion was hardly adequate and the crackling had been cooked separately (ok, a matter of preference to have it cooked on the meat). He said it did not have a particularly strong flavour to it. I had razor clams in paprika, garlic and coriander and although nice, again the flavour was lacking. I followed this with fillet of wild sea bass - which was cooked properly - and bubble and squeak, which was OK. The whole was garnished with a crab cream sauce and there couldn't have been more than a teaspoonful so it was impossible to get any onto the fish and what I did get, completely lacked flavour.
The service generally was good.
I was expecting far more than this from this restaurant and felt that it was expensive for rather average food. Charging for the bread really offended me so taking everything into account, I couldn't recommend this place nor would I consider returning.

1  Thank Gerald B
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Food lovely good selection of courses, pleasant surroundings though slightly subdued, created our own ambiance. Waitresses were efficient but limited interaction (they changed a lot so unable to make rapport) great night.. Not perfect but would go again

Reviewed September 14, 2013

New to the area, Sandra and I celebrated our Ruby wedding anniversary at St Clement's. Our meals were simply the best we have ever tasted. The service was superb and the ambience all we could have asked for. We loved the place.