“Great birthday dinner!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great birthday dinner!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Bought our own bubbly and had amazing dinner. Fantastic trout and crispy chicken. Always make an effort to visit when in Brighton

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KatieKayK

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely local lunch!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited The Red Snapper for lunch one day as we live on the Dials but have never thought of venturing in, and we were most pleased with what we were offered! I had Pad Thai, which I hated- but that had absolutely nothing to do with the way it was cooked etc, just that I wasn't expecting it to be so sweet (silly me) and my partner had the green curry which was super nice. We were also offered complimentary thai iced tea which was lovely and all in all we had a really nice, extremely reasonable lunch (I think it's about 6.95 which is great when you compare it to the price of a sandwich and drink from some of the chain places) I would highly recommend.

“surprisingly delicious”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I must confess our decision to head to the red snapper felt a little like the short straw- but I couldn't have been more please by the extremely personable and high level of service... it was like the waitress was actually happy in her work and genuinely interested in us. The masaman curry was divine and rivals even the likes of 'the giggling squid'. starters were only okay to good but the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed. a great weekday meal out, and they only charged us 50p or £1 corkage.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants in Brighton”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have lived in Brighton for 5 years and heard of Red Snapper from a lot of people and how good it is. Yesterday was the first time I got to experience it for myself.

We were a group of 5 and the restaurant was very busy. But we were seated immediately and the table service was very efficient (there was one girl single handedly waitressing the whole restaurant - but she was spot on the whole way through).

The food was so authentic and one of the best thai meals I've had in Brighton. There was the added bonus of being able to bring your own booze, though we didn't drink much. I think there was a charge for water but there is no harm in them making a little profit if you are bringing your own alcohol.

Food costs around £65 for the 5 of us in total, including two massive sharing platters as well, so the price was extremely good for the quality of what you're getting!

I would highly recommend this place to everyone and I will definitely be coming back again! And a big thank you to the waitress who served everyone in the restaurant with a smile on her face and so kind. Perfect food, perfect service!

ps.
I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews for this place! Don't believe them. Try it for yourself and make your own judgements.

Brighton
“If it's busy every night it must do something right.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having recently moved to Seven Dials we noticed this restaurant was always busy. Having read some reviews on Trip Advisor we almost didn't go to eat there last night. That would have meant we'd have missed a great meal.
Before I go on, TurnpikePete posted 176 reviews of 1 star on 15th October 2012, including this restaurant - opinion or just someone with a chip on their shoulder?
I first ate Thai food in 1990 in Thailand. If I could only eat one meal for the rest of my life it would be green curry. This wasn't the best Thai I've eaten but at £6.95 a dish it was certainly good value. We shared a platter to start and it was good, tasty and plenty of food. The Pad Thai noodles with king prawn was the best I've had in a long time, and came with proper prawns, not shrimp served in other Thai restaurants.
Yes, there is a charge for water but you can bring your own booze. If I'd paid 25 quid for a bottle of wine then I'd expect tap water to be free, but I brought my own wine. Its a business and they are entitled to make a profit.
It is a great value restaurant, and one I'm going back to soon.
We paid £35 for a shared starter (£10) and 3 mains with rice.

• Visited June 2013