“Rude Staff”
Review of The Black Lion Harvester - CLOSED

The Black Lion Harvester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At The Black Lion Harvester in Brighton food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like. If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Brighton, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Patcham, Withdean and Hollingbury, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests and plenty to keep them entertained!
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The waitress virtually banged our meals down & left without asking if we wanted anything else (sauces, cutlery etc) - we had no cutlery, found another waitress who huffed and handed me a wet knife - found a manager type waiter who got us cutlery & told us sauces etc where hidden behind menus. Place was not that busy, no excuse for rudeness - will not return!

1  Thank SUSSEXBB
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Black Lion Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Black Lion Harvester. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I pulled in here for lunch when leaving Brighton after a meeting. I've always known Harvesters can be dodgy - sometimes you might be lucky and get a good one but most of the time they're a bit like an up market Weatherspoons! The waitress offered my the Special Lunch menu - drink, meal and dessert for £9.99. I ordered a drink (a pint - just the one!) and then ordered a main meal - chicken burger and fries. The bread roll for the burger was a soft roll, the fries were verging on the 'cool' rather than hot. The burger was simply a piece of burger and a piece of lettuce!! No garnish. The 'eat as much as you like' salad from the salad bar - I know salad should be cold but it was freezing, and bland. I was handed the bill £11.48. What about the £9.99 I asked? "Well that includes a dessert and you didn't have a dessert" was her immediate response. "OK" I said, "I'll have a dessert". Then she pointed out that the drink I'd had wasn't included in the deal - always convenient! I suggested that after handing me the "special" menu when i arrived she might have wanted to let me know that the drink I then ordered wasn't included in that particular deal/offer. I could only smile at her response "Mmm, is that alright?" It's not even a couple of quid I know but the service was poor and the quality of food was poor. I will not visit again.

1  Thank Matthew E
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Black Lion Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that the meal you had at The Black Lion Harvester was not as perfect as you would have liked. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we always welcome your feedback and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Poor service from the word go . Waiter took. For ever to serve even though it was quiet the salad bar looked half empty and the rest if the salad was dodgy. Main course was warm . Grumpy staff. I would never return there

1  Thank gg666

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Chose here because of the handy parking. We were warned of an up to half an hour wait for a table and given a phone-like device and directed to the bar to wait. Within 15mins, the phone thing started vibrating and flashing so we knew our table was ready - genius! Ordered from the 9.99 menu and the waitress immediately asked if we'd pain for our drinks and refunded them cos they were included in the price of our meal - very impressed. Food arrived promptly and was good (not a gourmet meal but thats not what you go to a Harvester for), salad bar was fine, we upgraded our sundaes for £1 - they were huge! At £22 for two meals, unlimited salad bar and unlimited Pepsi, and an enormous dessert - you can't go wrong!!

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at The Black Lion Harvester. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

5 of us went last night for a celebration meal but it was not what I expected, felt a bit let down. we went as a group of 5 adults and was seated in a room with 3 screaming babies and two young families, the babies where bored and did cry continues. When our starters came my breaded mushrooms where cold and greasy, I had fish and chips for my main with mushy peas, the portion was so small my tartar sauce was bigger, I pointed this out to my waitress who said that is because they are more expensive to but. Tables are not cleared unless you ask between courses
All in all this is not what they portray in there tv advert.

1  Thank M27878
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Black Lion Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014